4 8s vs. 2 12s

DaytonLax14
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Ohio
Currently have 2 SA-12s in a ported box in my single cab f150. They sound awesome and slam good but I have hardly any leg room. The box is 4 cubic feet if I remember correctly. Im thinking of selling the SA-12s and picking up 4 SA-8s and running them in a 2-2.5 cubic feet box. Will be ran off the same amp I have now (Crescendo b2000). How much loudness, if any, will I be giving up?

The box is going to be key. If they have the correct airspace, you shouldn't be losing if at all. Ive heard 4 8's systems and they sound good, but not in a single cap truck. How did you get 4 cubes and 2 sa 12 to fit in a single cab?

The box is going to be key. If they have the correct airspace, you shouldn't be losing if at all. Ive heard 4 8's systems and they sound good, but not in a single cap truck. How did you get 4 cubes and 2 sa 12 to fit in a single cab?
f8d6ed9a31e4a393e9be07f810c9873d.jpg

A little CSCStang love and cramming looks about right lol

How you liking that bc2k? Any idea on output if you've clamped it?

I think 4 E8s on 2k will perform close to the 2 12s u have now. It's all in the enclosure... What about a single 12" on 2k? I bet a sundown X or zv4 12" in a 2.5cube box will hammer!!

A little CSCStang love and cramming looks about right lol
How you liking that bc2k? Any idea on output if you've clamped it?
Yep, CSCStang built the box for me. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love the box! It's the second box he's built me.

No idea on what kind of power I'm getting out of that amp, but it's plenty powerful that's for sure.

I think 4 E8s on 2k will perform close to the 2 12s u have now. It's all in the enclosure... What about a single 12" on 2k? I bet a sundown X or zv4 12" in a 2.5cube box will hammer!!
Do you think a single sundown X-12 in 2.5 cube box would be louder than what I have now? What about it being louder than 4 SA-8s?

Edit - We have to keep mounting depth in mind here...

What about a few high power 10's?

4 8's will be less bass than those 2 12's. Now if you had a ext cab, that would change.

Need to hit up @CSCStang for some ideas.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.