4 12's Sealed?? Need Input

hoodkid
10+ year member

Got bang?
detroit
First I have 7.5cb ft to work with in my trunk and 2500 watts, my goal is to be doing close to 150 daily on music. I was origanlly going with 2 15in Type R's, but now I'm considering doing 4 12 kicker CVX's sealed, does anyone think that 4 12's sealed will be louder than 2 ported 15's?

Its going to be pretty hard to get into the 150's with a trunked car. Dont see you doing it with 2500 watts and 2 of those type R's. Dont know much about those cvx's, but I am sure they will get loud as hell. I have heard good things about them, just never expierenced them myself, so dont comment on stuff I dont know about.

I say get yourself a couple of BTL 15's and another 2500 Orion amp with your upgraded electrical you should be able to do it.

Is the 7.5 NET or gross?

EDIT: With that amount of space and what your trying to do this is what I would do.

Beef up your electrical by getting more batterys and mroe runs of 1/0, then buy another 2500D, Then buy 2 Digital Designs 9512's ( http://www.ddaudio.com/dd/caraudio/woofers.asp?series=9500g ) and throw them in a 5ft^3 enclosure ported to 40hz ( SITE RECOMMENDATION ) and give them all the power you can. Make sure your box is braced all to hell.

i really wasnt trying to get another amp though, im trying to just keep my kicker 2500d, even if i dont hit 150 in the trunk does anyone think 4 12's sealed will have the advantage over 2 15's ported?

oh and around 7.5 - 8.4 net, i may try to push it and do the 12's ported to and give them like 1.8 cb ft a pieces tuned to like 34hz

i really wasnt trying to get another amp though, im trying to just keep my kicker 2500d, even if i dont hit 150 in the trunk does anyone think 4 12's sealed will have the advantage over 2 15's ported?
Says you have an Orion 2500d in your sig, so I just assumed.

Do what you want. I mean it will get loud with either setup, but you wont be into the 150's with it. You have to double the power to gain at least 3dbs after so high into dbs. Least that is what I have read numerous times on here. If you have the room, do the Kickers and call it a day. Seems that you have already made your mind up, which seems like you have made the choice before you made the thread, which I dont understand. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Good luck with what ever you decide though.

Says you have an Orion 2500d in your sig, so I just assumed.
Do what you want. I mean it will get loud with either setup, but you wont be into the 150's with it. You have to double the power to gain at least 3dbs after so high into dbs. Least that is what I have read numerous times on here. If you have the room, do the Kickers and call it a day. Seems that you have already made your mind up, which seems like you have made the choice before you made the thread, which I dont understand. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Good luck with what ever you decide though.
Yea I have to update my sig lol, but I've been trying to come up with the best way to use 8 cubes of space and 2500 watts, and im guessing 4 '12's should do the trick, i was just wondering would it be louder than a dual 15 inch setup

Yea I have to update my sig lol, but I've been trying to come up with the best way to use 8 cubes of space and 2500 watts, and im guessing 4 '12's should do the trick, i was just wondering would it be louder than a dual 15 inch setup
Not sure really, I mean I have had 2 setups that were into the 150's and one setup was 2 15" Kove Armagedon u-2 subs in a wall off 2 modded 1501ds doing 2000rms a piece and other was in trunk with 4 12" MTX 9500's off same amps and port was entir rear deck and was .5 louder than my wall, lol! So just because you are getting more subs dont always mean it will be louder. Mostly comes down to install.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.