4 12's or 2 18's????

Yezzir. I'm trying to get vids of my setup. Just a //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif, if you get 18"s, just be ready for stuff to break.

You will have 2 less voice coils to dissipate heat all other things being equal 4 subs will handle more continuous power than 2...that's about the only downside.

You will have 2 less voice coils to dissipate heat all other things being equal 4 subs will handle more continuous power than 2...that's about the only downside.
with the same series speaker yes, but usually you can get nicer 18's for the same price as 4 12's

With same "total" power the 18s should be louder, albeit in a larger box than the 4 12s. If the 12s are of similar series to the 18s, then they should be able to handle twice as much system power in a smaller box, and level the playing field a little more.

With same "total" power the 18s should be louder, albeit in a larger box than the 4 12s. If the 12s are of similar series to the 18s, then they should be able to handle twice as much system power in a smaller box, and level the playing field a little more.
thank you for your awesomeness. ive never loved a woofer as i love my Fi's

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

GAMEOVERCCA

10+ year member
INCRIMINATOR AUDIO
GAMEOVERCCA
Hickory NC
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date