4 12'' enclosure

Participant count
  • Participant list

dillusional

i have been playing with audio for a while now but i am finaly going to do my first build i am sure it will take a long time as funds are tight, but for now i need to figure out my options. i want to build an enclosure to house 4 of these

Rockford Fosgate T112D2 - 12" Subwoofers - Sonic Electronix

i drive a 1997 ford explorer so i would like the subs to fire up, and port at the back, kinda like steve meades box just smaller, but i want to put my amps on display rather than keep them hidden and im not real sure how to do that, i dont want a wall cause i want to be able to see out the back of my truck. anyone have any useful tips or tricks or anything i should know that will make this easier also here are some pics of my setup now and the space i have to work with.

well i dont see a direct ansewr but hers some things that would seem vital

1 check sub specs for tunning frequency and optimal box size(if you have not already)

2 are those 15s in the pictures?

did you choose sub up because you like the desighn/idea ?

why not sub back looks like you should be able to fit 4 12 across (you should measure to check) should defenetly work if they were offset 2 on top of 2

the idea if you can picture this is to pretty much take the design of the box i have only turn it sidways, mount the woofers on top, slot port it from the bottom out the back, then build another box just like it for the other side, witch if i have my measure ments right that should leave me with 13'' in the center between the two boxes where i will put the amps on display, i am not sure how yet, also there will be two amps one for each sub box, so i want to mount the distro blocks/cap where ever i put the amps so they will be on display as well. up firing subs in my explorer sound wicked but they have to be ported right cause if the ports are facing up it sounds like crap. oh ya and both the subs i have now and the subs i will use when im finished with this project are all 12''

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.