3sixty.3 Static Problem

Ravnikar610

I have a 2016 Tacoma that (unfortanetly) came with the premium JBL sound system in it. I wanted better so I started a build. Tweeters, door speakers, shallow mount sub, custom box that fits behind the seats, amp, line out convertor, ect. The stock head unit is staying because it works great and has everything I want in a head unit, plus there are truck settings in it. Other than that I had to leave the stock amp for the door speakers because other things are powered off of it and someone on the tacoma forum said that you cannot tap into the headunit preamp wires and get sound.

So here is my path:

Stock headunit

I am getting very loud static at no volume. The static does not increase with volume. I tested the aftermarket amp by connecting my phone to a headphone splitter than running 3 x (3.5mm to 2 channel RCA cables) to the amp. No static when doing that. Connections are solid and the grounds are good. I am probably missing some vital information to solve this and will respond quickly to provide information.

I am over 2k into this and would really like it to turn out. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crying.gif.ec0ebefe590df0251476573bc49e46d8.gif

Pls help me

I have a 2016 Tacoma that (unfortanetly) came with the premium JBL sound system in it. I wanted better so I started a build. Tweeters, door speakers, shallow mount sub, custom box that fits behind the seats, amp, line out convertor, ect. The stock head unit is staying because it works great and has everything I want in a head unit, plus there are truck settings in it. Other than that I had to leave the stock amp for the door speakers because other things are powered off of it and someone on the tacoma forum said that you cannot tap into the headunit preamp wires and get sound.
So here is my path:

Stock headunit

I am getting very loud static at no volume. The static does not increase with volume. I tested the aftermarket amp by connecting my phone to a headphone splitter than running 3 x (3.5mm to 2 channel RCA cables) to the amp. No static when doing that. Connections are solid and the grounds are good. I am probably missing some vital information to solve this and will respond quickly to provide information.

I am over 2k into this and would really like it to turn out. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crying.gif.ec0ebefe590df0251476573bc49e46d8.gif

Pls help me
I'm guessing it has to do with the stock amp going into the 3Sixty.3.

But no static when you bypass the 3sixty and go straight to the aftermarket amp?

I'm a bit confused by what purpose your factory amp serves in your setup. It's getting nothing from the 3Sixty as it is connected to the input of the 3Sixty. The factory HU has to have some sort of output that you could connect the 3Sixty to.

But no static when you bypass the 3sixty and go straight to the aftermarket amp?
I'm a bit confused by what purpose your factory amp serves in your setup. It's getting nothing from the 3Sixty as it is connected to the input of the 3Sixty. The factory HU has to have some sort of output that you could connect the 3Sixty to.
My guess is he's using the outputs of the factory amplifier to the high level inputs of the 360.3 as to use all functionality of the stock head unit.

With that being said you only need 2 full range channels for input. Try making sure your factory headunit is set flat on the eq and unhooking all the extra inputs and just start with a single set and going from there. If the sound remains try grounding the 360 to the frame if you hadn't already.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.