i took my passenger seat out and ran it straight back. easiest way as you will not be able to fit 1/0 under the trim panels
Isn't that pretty noticeable? Doesn't it leave a giant bulge where the cable is?

Do you recommend the RCAs and speaker wire be run under the trim?

there's plenty of room if you pull the trim and tuck it back in the corner... There's a huge 1.5" size bundle of wires that i ran mine next to.

you could probably fit 2 runs of 1/0 that way.

those cars are EXTREMELY easy to run wires in.

So after you get the wiring to the back seats, do you run them up into the rear deck? Or is there a better plaace to run them into the trunk?

Im running wires Wednesday and want to know exactly what I should be doing.

To sum up so far:

Power wire down passengers.

RCA wire down drivers.

Speaker down both sides? I'd like to minimize interference.

Pull up the seat bench, two handles, one under the driver and passenger size, pull them up/towards you as you pull the seat up and it'll pop out. then run the wire under that and into the gap between where that bench was and the back part of the seat, I also grounded under the seat to, I made my own ground tho with a self tapping screw:veryhapp:

i run grounds with my positive, from battery to trunk //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

there's plenty of room if you pull the trim and tuck it back in the corner... There's a huge 1.5" size bundle of wires that i ran mine next to.
you could probably fit 2 runs of 1/0 that way.

those cars are EXTREMELY easy to run wires in.
x2 You can definately fit 2 runs down the passenger side with no bulges or ugly whatevers:D

Pull up the seat bench, two handles, one under the driver and passenger size, pull them up/towards you as you pull the seat up and it'll pop out. then run the wire under that and into the gap between where that bench was and the back part of the seat, I also grounded under the seat to, I made my own ground tho with a self tapping screw:veryhapp:
I use the top of the strut towers. Nut is a 15mm. Thats a ground right to the chassis.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

i run grounds with my positive, from battery to trunk //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
Good practice. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Always keep your speaker wires,rca's etc. on the opposite side of the car away from ground or power runs. Helps to keep hum away etc..

I use the top of the strut towers. Nut is a 15mm. Thats a ground right to the chassis.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

same here... very good grounding point.

as far as ground runs... if you only have 1 run of positive its usually a waste of wire to run a negative run... you'd be better off doing multiple grounds to the front/ rear strut towers and use both runs for positive... i mean it depends on the car...

i saw a test on a street class car w/ something like 14 runs... and he ended up being loudest w/ 3/4 of those runs on the positive, w/ quite a few seperate ground runs to the strut towers.

x2 You can definately fit 2 runs down the passenger side with no bulges or ugly whatevers:D

Good practice. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Always keep your speaker wires,rca's etc. on the opposite side of the car away from ground or power runs. Helps to keep hum away etc..

doesnt help

So you still get humming no matter what?
no

Where should I run the speaker wire??
wherever you want. mine runs right down the center of the car along with my rca's. they are all zip tied together going right down the center hump on the passenger side of the car. i took out my carpet and passenger seat along with my back seat and ran them right down the center on the passenger side to the trunk.

but if you dont wannt go through that much work, just run them underneath the carpet by the trim panels on both sides of the car, that would be the easiest way to go, but my interior was already ripped out so i went my route.

get a nice pair of shielded rca's and no humming will come about, all you have to do is do it right and you will be fine

get a nice pair of shielded rca's and no humming will come about, all you have to do is do it right and you will be fine
i wouldnt go that far to say as long as he gets shielded rcas hell be fine...... there are so many different things that can cause alt whine......Ive got Stinger Xpert rcas and a set of knukoncept rcas, no where near my power or ground wires and still get a little bit of whine. Ive heard of people simply changing out their amps or getting a new HU and suddenly heard some whine.....

thousands of threads on here of people racking their brains to fix whine..... but a good set of rca's is a good start.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

bw_audio

10+ year member
Real Talk
bw_audio
Michigan
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date