So I'm just kinda wondering about the ownership/possession situation on this car...

You only have a permit, but that's a pretty **** nice car, for someone that doesn't even have a license yet. Did your dad buy it for you? Is it your dads car?

If its his car... he's just letting you tear it up and install a system? And if its yours, where the heck did you get the money for the car/system.

If I'm being too nosy just tell me to fvck off.

haha not being nosy at all. well basically. my parents work for a car dealership. They both have demos(company cars they drive till~5000miles) gm policy does not allow for permit drivers to drive their cars:eek: so my parents had to buy a car for me to do drivers training. Also since they work for the car dealership they are really cool with a guy at used cars(my dad made the used manager a few grand a couple years back) they can get the cars at dealer cost. My parents first bought an olds alero, it was really nice but fell apart rather quickly. The used car department said they would take the alero back and wholesale it to people with terrible credit. and give us 3k for the alero(we payed only 1.4k for it) and they put that money towards this Grand Prix. my mom didn't want to do it, but my dad said he couldn't pass up such a good deal and brand new car. while it is my parents car, my parent's let me "rip it apart" and put all my audio stuff in it. They know that I know what I am doing. Basically the car is mine but it's theirs haha.
For the audio stuff, I got lucky, my first system I got for free, my dad got every single piece I needed for it(besides the headunit) for free, some guy traded in his car, didn't want the system.It was 2 sony xplods and a sony amp. Then I sold the system and installed it for my friend, that got me 150$. I then bought 2 12" RF p2s and a 800w kenwood amp, had that for a few months and sold it for 275$ with installation to my friend. I only payed 220 for it.

I bought a drumset like 4 years ago with saved up money I had. It was a 800$ kit I got it for 300$. I then sold it last month for 300$. I also work for the dealership my parents work at and do all their computers/networking. And I do the same for neighbors and whoever else needs me. And I install systems for friends of friends.

Cliffs: parents got a really good deal, their car, I get to put what I want in it, and drive it when I get my license because they both get company cars, I cant drive GM company cars(insurance BS) I got my money from buying and selling and installing systems. I also get money from fixing computers building them.

Sorry for the long ass explanation lol:veryhapp:

EDIT: oh and my dad doesn't care about the audio stuff also because we work on it together, and I teach him new things, he teaches me new things, kinda cool I guess. me and him built the box, did the wiring etc.
Cool, sound like a pretty decent situation then.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Thanks for humoring my nosy neighbor-ness.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

haha yeah no prob lol.
I lucked out. my dad's paying for the gas too //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif they get their gas for free, 1 tank a week and that's all they need so he buys mine, I only have to fill up once or twice a month. I drive maybe 30-45mins a week :\. I drove my mom somewhere today and she had never heard my subs, I put on Put on and she was like what the hell my eardrum is like tickling, then the really low notes hit and shes like wtf my face feels like it's shaking.
LOL, good times, its always fun showing your parent your subs. I remember back when i had my four tens, my dad wanted to hear them, and he was like totally appalled at how loud it was. He was surprised and confused and was like "why do you even need it that loud? It hurts!" I was like "i dunno, cause i can":laugh:

I'd hate to be a ball buster (not really, it's kinda what I do.) But, you have your learner's permit? You have a extremely nice Grand Prix GT with only 32K miles (33K if you want to round up), you have 2 type R's, a decent Hifonics amp, and you afforded all of the wire...

Now, either you have a dope ass job as a 16-17 year old... or I'm really envious of your luck when it comes to parents.

i remember kids making fun of me in middle school because my dad sold roasted corn as a part time gig, yes, roasted corn!

my dad bought a few machines and I worked those with hime for quite some time, i used to make about $200/week until i was about 17 when i inherited my own machine and made upwards of $350-400 a week in high school.

yeah i sold roasted corn, but i had a bagged truck, polo/redwings, a system, and plenty of spending cash. then i started to invest.

I meant where at in the car, like under the carpet, or underneath the trim under the doors. I have to run a single 1/0 wire but I'm not sure the best way to get it to the trunk.

I meant where at in the car, like under the carpet, or underneath the trim under the doors. I have to run a single 1/0 wire but I'm not sure the best way to get it to the trunk.
i took my passenger seat out and ran it straight back. easiest way as you will not be able to fit 1/0 under the trim panels

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

bw_audio

10+ year member
Real Talk
bw_audio
Michigan
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date