3000 watt amp recommendation

Taramp 5k if you want output.Zapco 3k if you want it to sound great.

Twisted 2.8 is middle road and a **** good price..
What's going to make the Zapco sound different? Since all amps are +/-3 db at the most acoss their useable range. You need to get over this ****.

Here. 3 amps that all supposed to sound different. Yeah, good luck with that.

Pure Audio is a 3k for 300 bucks. Its a Chinese board but I watched their truck hit a 161.2 Saturday at Scrapin and Ive been seeing their amps show up more frequently around here. Company is based in New Orleans. They make a more expensive Korean board as well but Im thinking these might be a great alternative to apms like Audiopipe for big power on a budget.

What's going to make the Zapco sound different? Since all amps are +/-3 db at the most acoss their useable range. You need to get over this ****.
Here. 3 amps that all supposed to sound different. Yeah, good luck with that.

much better output filtering. much higher slew rate much lower THD(faster switching transistors)

Pure Audio is a 3k for 300 bucks. Its a Chinese board but I watched their truck hit a 161.2 Saturday at Scrapin and Ive been seeing their amps show up more frequently around here. Company is based in New Orleans. They make a more expensive Korean board as well but Im thinking these might be a great alternative to apms like Audiopipe for big power on a budget.
I can get a pure audio 3000.4 four channel for 120, should i do it? Just for the hell of it. Not even sure if its a class A/b or class D, leaning towards class A/B but chinese. The board looks pretty empty but its pretty big, saw it IRL.

1779142_650388088362148_227361414_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Bull ****.
I told you. Come get a demo of Class Ds and you will STFU
ive heard the differences between those amps.the have better filtration and better noise floor(seperation between the power and switching supply is audible) and better channel separation. back when tripath just came out up untill the new stuff with feed back that is leaps and bounds better..

I can get a pure audio 3000.4 four channel for 120, should i do it? Just for the hell of it. Not even sure if its a class A/b or class D, leaning towards class A/B but chinese. The board looks pretty empty but its pretty big, saw it IRL.
what about those amps shizzion has? they look decent..

mainly just sampling stuff that i can flip for what i paid for or more. With buying new, i'm out way too much money when i resell, bleeding money's not my game homie.
just curious. not many people know about the pure. hell they out of louisiana and i didn't know anything about um..

just curious. not many people know about the pure. hell they out of louisiana and i didn't know anything about um..
all i know is they had a bad batch of the 3ks catching fire blowing up and the owners not warrantying them properly, never looked at them since. however the 4 channel was in my buddy's car for several years with no problems so thats why i actually think i want to give it a shot. Its the same 4 channel that did the hair trick with the two TC sounds 5200 15s.

95% sure thats class ab, the white boxes are resistors just not what you normally see on the fets thats why it looks weird. the board looks like **** though, the toroids look tiny. you can literally determine the absolute max output from an amp by measuring the site of the toroids and seeing how much they output

95% sure thats class ab, the white boxes are resistors just not what you normally see on the fets thats why it looks weird. the board looks like **** though, the toroids look tiny. you can literally determine the absolute max output from an amp by measuring the site of the toroids and seeing how much they output
we'll see, i'll do a head to head vs the ppi

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.