3000 watt amp recommendation

hone

Hello all,

I've got a 15" icon on the way and am looking for an amp to power it. I got the D1 so I can wire my single sub at 2 ohm and go to 1 ohm if I get a second.

This is why I'd like amp that puts out roughly 3000 watts at 1 ohm and around 1000-1500 at 2 ohm. Under $1000

I will be upgrading alternators and adding a second battery. I've been browsing ssaudio.com but some first hand experience would be nice.

Hello all, I've got a 15" icon on the way and am looking for an amp to power it. I got the D1 so I can wire my single sub at 2 ohm and go to 1 ohm if I get a second.

This is why I'd like amp that puts out roughly 3000 watts at 1 ohm and around 1000-1500 at 2 ohm.

I will be upgrading alternators and adding a second battery. I've been browsing ssaudio.com but some first hand experience would be nice.
All of the SSA amps are very similar in board design and its a very reilable design. I doubt you'll go wrong with any korean board amp. It will go down to your budget mainly.

All of the SSA amps are very similar in board design and its a very reilable design. I doubt you'll go wrong with any korean board amp. It will go down to your budget mainly.
Yeah I'd be willing to go up to $1000. Edited first post with budget.

I could just get the one closest to my budget but I was wondering if there were any in paticular that stick out as good bang for the buck. I guess the DC audio 3.5k is closest to maxing out my budget.

The new sundown scv3000d looks good at $799 too though.

Yeah I'd be willing to go up to $1000. Edited first post with budget.
I could just get the one closest to my budget but I was wondering if there were any in paticular that stick out as good bang for the buck. I guess the DC audio 3.5k is closest to maxing out my budget.

The new sundown scv3000d looks good at $799 too though.
soundqubed 4500.1 is a good choice too man.

IA20.1... Hope you plan on beefing up your electrical in the very near future!!!!
Upgraded the stock battery to the largest AGM I could fit and did the big 3 so far. I'm planning to run the single 15 this way. I'll upgrade the alternator to a 220A and add a second battery if I get a second 15 and run the amp at 1 ohm.

soundqubed 4500.1 is a good choice too man.
This looks like the best bang for the buck. Direct from soundqubed they're $799 right now. I'll have some head room to play with which will be nice. Going to have to keep the gains dialed back until I finish upgrading the eletrical system.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.