3-way speakers have less bass??

Participant count
  • Participant list
if 100 watts is going to a 2 way setup (a mid and a tweet), they both get 100 watts, but the mid only plays the lows, and the tweets only plays the highs

if a 100 watts goes to a 3 way set (a midbass, a midrange and a tweeter) all 3 speakers still get 100 watts, but the midbass only plays the lows, the midrange plays the mid frequencies and the tweets play the highs

the power would only be divided up if each speaker was playing the same frequencies, like 3 subwoofers all playing below say 80hz.

Ah okay, makes sense. So a midrange driver won’t have more punchy bass than a 3-way speaker?

My front doors have two plugs, so I can easily connect a midrange driver into one, and a 2” tweeter into the other... Will that produce more bass than a single 3-way speaker?

Ah okay, makes sense. So a midrange driver won’t have more punchy bass than a 3-way speaker?

My front doors have two plugs, so I can easily connect a midrange driver into one, and a 2” tweeter into the other... Will that produce more bass than a single 3-way speaker?
none of that matters, the speaker's electromechanical(TS) parameters along with how well it works with your vehicle acoustics(door shape, airspace, resonance) matters for bass in doors. Its quite more advanced than what you assume which is pretty irrelevant.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.