3-way Comp. Requirements?

Participant count
  • Participant list

brh1400

Alright, I'm very new to car audio, but I'm looking to replace the stock stuff in my '99 Pathfinder. I've been looking around at speakers and was wondering, what would owning 3-ways entail? These are the questions that have been bugging me, and any information would be extremely helpful.

Would I put the 4" mid and the tweeter in a kick panel and put the woofer in the door panel?

Would a 4-channel amp be necessary to power the component set?

Finally, if the component set is 150rms, I could get away with giving it 85 or 100, right?

Again, thank you very much for taking the time to respond and answer my questions. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Your suggested speaker location would work well. Also you can send them as much power under 150 watts as you want. Anything from 50watts up would sound good. A 4 channel amp would give you the ability to either run the components speakers and some rear speakers or to run the mids and highs off 2 channels and bridge the 2 other channels to run the woofers.

Your suggested speaker location would work well. .
Agreed. Thats where mine are located. Great sound stage.

A 4 channel amp would give you the ability to either run the components speakers and some rear speakers or to run the mids and highs off 2 channels and bridge the 2 other channels to run the woofers
You could also run the 4's and tweets off of 2 channels and run the 6.5's off the other 2 channels. I bought a pair of MBQuart 3 way crossovers and use them with my NON MbQuart drivers. The Xovers allow bi amping. therefore I can use seperate amps for the midbass and sepreate amp for the mids and highs. Just my 2 cent. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif :p //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.