(3) OA-15v.2 (1) trailblazer

So the new alt came from ohio generator with 1 day shipping gotta love that. its a 260 amp

(ohio gen on the left)

IMG_0575_zps02f6d7ee.jpg

we spent the last 2 days running speaker wire up into the front doors, up into the a pillars for the tweets and re adjusting how his head unit sat in the dash. Also installing the alt and placing all the speaker wires under the carpet and putting aluminum flashing on the front doors.

IMG_0558_zps80ffbaf5.jpg

IMG_0565_zps5993a2b6.jpg

IMG_0570_zps8d0ee690.jpg

Tottally forgot to to take a picture of the new alternator installed. Has anyone else ever uninstalled or reinstalled an alternator on a trailblazer. There is a bolt on the bottom that is **** near impossible to get out due to a metal radiator hose being 1/8 of an inchy away. we had to use a wrench and do extremly small turns untill it finally came out, it took 2 of us about 20 minutes for 1 bolt. getting it back in was also a pain.

The front doors had a ridiculous plug on them thankfully we could just cut holes in the rubber gasket

IMG_0543_zps1cdbafa8.jpg

IMG_0550_zps23a98ac0.jpg

We had to find some way to prop up the back of the head unit more so when you loaded and ejected disc the faceplate didnt rub the dash. We ended up using a rubber stopper and a factory screw. Couldnt really get a picture of it but here is the wiring mess we had to deal with

IMG_0551_zps7d2d1293.jpg

getting the tweeter wire up into the a-pillars. ( we are using Diamond audio cross overs for the vifa xt-25 tweet and sundown neo pro and placing the cross over in the back)

IMG_0559_zps51d48dd1.jpg

things got a little messy,

IMG_0591_zps47f8b54a.jpg

IMG_0543_zps1cdbafa8.jpg

If you pull that hose off the door and body, you'll find that it's not terribly hard to run wire through it. There's a plug that unclips the entire bundle of wires from the body. just route the wire through the gaps in the side of the plug and run it through the hose. Its not hard. I did two runs on each side to go active.

IMG_0543_zps1cdbafa8.jpg

If you pull that hose off the door and body, you'll find that it's not terribly hard to run wire through it. There's a plug that unclips the entire bundle of wires from the body. just route the wire through the gaps in the side of the plug and run it through the hose. Its not hard. I did two runs on each side to go active.
I feel like a complete idiot for not thinking to pop that plug off and look

I have 3 sets of them in my Explorer, they work well!
Ive had good luck with them too, he actually had a small system in here before and thats where the first run of knu krystals came from he bought a new set for this build for the other amp and I think they might of changed between the old pair and this new pair. For some reason the jacket on the new ones felt slimey? not slimey but like it was lubed up... it made both of us think wtf lol.

lookin good, I bet you guys were loving the little heat wave we just had
weve got a heated garage, but yes the heat wave we just experienced was quite nice got to see the sun light in jeans and a t shirt, cant beat that for mid january

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.