3 Kings - NOT Authorized Sundown Dealer

Its unfortunate as a dealer I can say this pisses me off but im not suprised and im not suprised people wsnt 3kings to continue their sales even though its not authorized. As a nation we use to hsve morals and standards those have long gone for the most.

Isnt that pretty much what Sundown does buy building there crap in China?
Sadly this is one of the main effects of the "race to zero", everyone wants "made in America" on the stuff they buy but aren't willing to pay the cost of products MADE IN AMERICA!!!!!! Because we as a nation demand higher pay levels for the work we do which in turn drives the cost of goods and services up. We want the best pay but want to pay the cheapest possible for the goods we buy so guess what, the manufactures have to move production over seas to meet the price points that the buying public demands. What Sundown and a few others has managed to do is find that fine balance between QUALITY production costs and decent price point. There are a few products that are still made here but again the masses still bit*h about the price being too high....people you can't have your cake and eat it too because at some point you will end up pricing yourself right out of business......

Do you go around checking everyones techs before buying from them or are you just adding fuel to the fire. I love sundown but i think everyone is just jumpin on the hate 3kings wagon...ive never bought anytging from them but many people enjoy their products n service
Sonicelectronix is NOT an authorized dealer for every brand they sell but they issue an inhouse warranty...lets bash them now and see their tech's credentials

Onlinecarstereo is NOT an authorized dealer for every brand they sell

Etc
Last time the warranty issue with 3 Kings came up they claimed a lot matching but when I went to the web site it was on very few products. Checked several times in the weeks after that and no change. They made a lot of claims on the forum but not on the web site, nothing in writing to back up what they said. I only buy products that are backed up by the manufacturer. So to answer your question, yes. What I bought was backed up by factory techs or factory trained techs. Some online dealers even have techs you can talk to and walk you through issues you might have. I've used them and think they were worth the $20 more I paid for a $300 in products. Slamming people who have differing opinions has nothing to do with Sundown, 3 Kings or anything else audio.

And Skar copying nearly EVERY Sundown product isn't already devaluing it?
Never said that it didn't, but I will tell you this....when Joe that knows only a little bit buys a Skar he isn't equating that to a Sundown product but when he looks at a site that carries a bunch of products that he already knows is crap or all his buddies have already told him is crap and he see's Sundown listed there too the what do you think he's gonna think, it's guilt by association my friend.....

Isnt that pretty much what Sundown does buy building there crap in China?
Let me ask you a question... how many car audio companies have you founded and operated ? As I am sure the answer is zero... we can establish you are not informed about the reality of the industry.

We are a new company and came into an industry with a given "acceptable" price level already in place. Heavy outsourcing came into play a decade before we started our company. We didn't exist in the 90s when there was heavy margin in USA made products.

Coming out of the blue making all product in a meaningful fashion (**) in-house in the USA is literally impossible without MILLIONS of dollars in backing. Even then it's a heavy gamble as 90% of consumers don't care about country of origin and as a new company with a higher price getting a market position would be very difficult. Any car audio company I know of making product in the USA either came from a background of importing / assembling imported parts (Fi/AA when it was RE imported motors... when RE was sold Scott used the capital to move towards machining motors in the next venture) OR started out before the wave of outsourcing / already had the machinery acquired in that time period (thus already having a market position) and figured out how to ride it out (MMATs is a good example).

So now, with that being said, and actual facts being in place... we are becoming an established brand. We are moving into a facility that can handle a higher level of manufacturing (very large floor space)... and I am in the process of acquiring machinery to work towards more in-house production. Magnetizer is due shortly... and the next generation Nightshade (v.4) will be a fully US machined and assembled motor (a local machine shop will handle that until such a time as we can invest in our own machinery). As capacity / capital / demand grows the amount of manufacturing we can do can expand as well. This sort of thing doesn't happen overnight.

Until then we build the best possible products we can with the best manufacturers possible and offer a fair price that is compatible with our business model.

** - Just gluing the same imported parts together isn't really a meaningful value added way of "making in the USA" in my mind. There is nothing wrong with that approach and it affords more flexibility in production and more control over the entire process but it doesn't really signify MADE in the USA to me. There are many companies that do this and I still applaud their hard work and dedication -- so don't read into that as anything negative.

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

sundownz

Pro Seller
Supporting Vendor
sundownz
North Carolina
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date