3.4 cubes too big for a hdc3 15?

Participant count
  • Participant list
nah i build them preatty much myself.. just trying to get tips in the one i have now. the final piece is the port length im not sure how to figure tuning. ik you need 16 square inches per cube and 30-40 hz is the best tuning range just dont know how to figure how the length of the port equals tuning..
The issue you have right now is this...

Your enclosure is to small

Port area is small

Tuning is to high.

Which means this..

If you try to lower tuning you take a way space thus making everything worse.

If you try to get more port area you take away space thus making everything worse.

There is no way to get more volume...so that is meh....

Ending result....

Something new is required.

Keep the mdf sitting around as I'm sure you will use it later on.

thanks for the advice 4.5 cubes and 35 hz. ill prob. get back to you or someone on the forum that isnt jewish on a price to design me a box. kinda broke right now just picked up a memphis big belle mch 1300 for the hdc3 15. should be soon tho.

thanks for the advice 4.5 cubes and 35 hz. ill prob. get back to you or someone on the forum that isnt jewish on a price to design me a box. kinda broke right now just picked up a memphis big belle mch 1300 for the hdc3 15. should be soon tho.
You have the basics figured out, so just making it fit with in the space you have should be pretty easy and straight forward for the most part.

That belle should do a nice job on that sub too.

its between this
hdc3 + big belle mch 1300

or

nightshade psi 18 + planet audio big bang 2400

i have all of that but idk which to keep :O
Would depend more on space and how everything would load in the setup. More cone area and power would win out in most cases, but the application will make a huge difference.

that should get you lots of help.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.