2nd gen explorer box

Participant count
  • Participant list

terra
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
Yes
whats the biggest size box you can fit into the back of a 2nd gen (1998/1999) explorer? i might be getting one tomorrow. ill use the whole cargo area up to 4 inches above the back seats. as wide and deep as i can fit...what kind of volume would that give me? im hoping for around 11 cu ft...

isnt 2004 the 3rd gen? anyways that should be plenty..now which way do i face port and subs? goin for all out loud. its 2 18"s by the way

i got a 2000

41.5 wide between the wheel wells. in your case about 22 high and then 36 deep. but because of port only like 32 deep usable. thats gives you 17 feet gross. you can also build the box around the wells to give you more space. but if your gonna do that then just take out the back seat.

i have done 4 explorer installs and the best way to wire i found is like this

100_1039.jpg

if you have any other explorer questions please ask

thanks...the back seats arent coming out just because...its my car first and my stereo second. so i take it 11-12 cu ft shouldnt be much of a problem? and does anyone know what direction will give the most output? subs up port back?....

i got gromets from knu and they worked good. i also put a little silicon there.

go down right onto the top of the frame rail like this

100_1032.jpg

and then go to the inside of the frame rail and near the gas tank come over the top of the rail and come up.

100_1033.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.