2ga Wiring burning?

Participant count
  • Participants list

Battlewagon

CarAudio.com Newbie
I have 2 Memphis distribution wire blocks running to my sub box for amplifiers

My amplifiers are old school champs

I told Best Buy to run the best wire they have and now the wires are burning.

Destroying all of the aluminum inserted in the wire?

I believe that it’s not straight copper or is it something else?

pioneer deh pr80
Memphis PRX 5 Chan mids and sub
Memphis PRX 4 Chan tweets
Memphis distribution blocks
JBLGTO mids 2ohm Punch P3 2ohms
Tweets 4ohms

I did not have this problem in my other suv with running straight welding copper wire.

Can it be The fuse next to the battery then feeding to my amps?

I have two agm batteries in my Jeep GC and I set everything up correctly terminated correctly.

Sounds like it is CCA and not OFC. I run welding wire for power and ground & never have an issue. Sounds like they used some cheapo wire and tbh for something like that they should have run 1/0 to begin with.

That's not that much power if I am looking at the correct amps so 2 gauge OFC would be plenty.

What wire is it? I know BestBuy uses Metra and Kicker wire but didn't think they did anything over 4 gauge and I'm pretty sure the Metra wire is CCA.

Yall guys are correct! Thanks,

I remember asking the installer to make sure I correctly terminated all this speaker wire and he asked me killed it?
Palm in face.
Ohh well it was literally on fire and poured my Red Bull on it clipped it off and re terminated.

appreciate the input

Would still be nice to know the power wire brand / model, how the ends are actually terminated, where exactly is it burning etc., perhaps some photos as well. If it is only burning at the end where it goes into the distribution block (or fuse holder, or other connection point), its likely a bad connection and or it might not be torqued tight enough causing higher resistance which leads to overheating in that area / burning / fire if too much current is being passed through it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...