:(...

noob24
10+ year member

Ok, I have 2 Audiobahn Flame Q 10s (i know) 2002 model, Ive been trying to read up on which box type would be best for them. Im more worried about sq than spl, so i assumed that a sealed enclosure would be the way to go. This thought was reinforced by a website i checked out that recommended a sealed enclosure for this sub. However, I kept reading to verify that this was correct, and on the audiobahninc website it says that a sealed enclosure is not recommended for this sub, and recommends ported instead. I honestly dont know what to do //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif. Im into different kinds of rock, so im still leaning towards a sealed enclosure, but i wanted to check with you guys and see what you recommend. Any light you could shed on the topic for me would be greatly appreciated. thanks!

i listen to both rap and rock, i think you will get strong bass with a ported enclosure no doubt. but if you go sealed, the bass will be some what tighter and a bit faster, not as fat and large like on a ported. for rock i like the sealed enclosure better, and ported for rap, i have a ported enclosure which i EQ it in the mid 80Hz when i listen to rock and then boost the lower end of the bass for rap. it could just be the way i like to hear my music, and im sure its different for every one. so i think you should try both sealed and ported to see how you like the sub on each particular enclosure.

Alrighty thanks guys. And yea i do realize that these subs are designed for spl and not so much sq. At the time when i bought them my priorities were different than they are now in terms of sound. I think ill start with a sealed enclosure and see how i like it, and go from there. Again thanks very much guys!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

noob24

10+ year member
noob24
Orange, TX
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from