adulbrich
5,000+ posts

Olive oil un-virginer
Ames, Iowa
Item(s) for Sale:

Three 21" incriminator Warden v1's dual 1 ohm coils

Item(s) Description/Condition:

They have direct leads and re-enforced triple joints as optional extras

They have a couple small holes in the surrounds that were repaired with glue, motors have some scratches, and have some red fiberglass resin on the baskets. Otherwise, in good condition. Perform great mechanically.

They're currently in my truck until I sell them.

Price:

$600 plus shipping or $600 local if your close. *******each*******

PM me trade offers. Would definitely consider trading for another Ampere TFE 8.0

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information:

Shipping not included in price

Item Pictures:

I can text, PM, or upload current pictures this thread if you want to see anything specific. It's hard to get good pictures of all three in my truck though, and I'd rather not take them out of my truck unless I have a serious buyer or a deal is finalized.

IMG_20151113_182136_523_zpsh7kg1hsa.jpg

IMG_20151113_182106_565_zpsylkjubhw.jpg

IMG_20151113_182442_845_zpsk3ahevyw.jpg

How much to have surround replaced?
I'm not sure. They function fine though. Could get a recone if it bothers you

Is a column cracked on one of those motors?
Nope. I sent that one back to Evan. There were four of these subs and one had a cracked slug. I have the three that have the best motors

Nope. I sent that one back to Evan. There were four of these subs and one had a cracked slug. I have the three that have the best motors

If you said yes, I would have paid top dollar for it.

It has sentimental value to me seeing as that was originally mine after purchasing from a good friend who has recently passed.

I want that particular motor back.

If you said yes, I would have paid top dollar for it.
It has sentimental value to me seeing as that was originally mine after purchasing from a good friend who has recently passed.

I want that particular motor back.
I think he still has it then, haha

I'm getting samples to test performance and quality. Fingers crossed
Then of course you risk the old bait and switch where they send you a good sample then half arse materials/workmanship for the rest. I've heard stories about this from guys in the industry, and since you might not have been around long enough, do a little reading about the Diablo Audio amps or the RD 3250V2. Also remember the surround issues with the first run of Sundown X.... a company smaller than Sundown would have gone bankrupt!

I would suggest that if you can't afford to play 100$ a hand baccarat you really have no business gambling on ordering electronics from a Chinese sweatshop.

That said, Wardens are priced to move, GLWS.

How much to have surround replaced?
You really don't want to try to replace surround only. Amazing Goop or even some silicone caulking/adhesive should patch a punctured surround so that it won't fail fine though, or use your imagination. Not like you're really taking a 21" woofer to x-mech unless you're doing something terribly wrong anyway.

Then of course you risk the old bait and switch where they send you a good sample then half arse materials/workmanship for the rest. I've heard stories about this from guys in the industry, and since you might not have been around long enough, do a little reading about the Diablo Audio amps or the RD 3250V2. Also remember the surround issues with the first run of Sundown X.... a company smaller than Sundown would have gone bankrupt!
I would suggest that if you can't afford to play 100$ a hand baccarat you really have no business gambling on ordering electronics from a Chinese sweatshop.

That said, Wardens are priced to move, GLWS.
Yeah, soft-part quality worries me, which is why I was considering just getting the radial motors.

hanks, I thought the price was very reasonable too. I'm not going to go any lower. If they don't sell, I'll just re-do my wall with the same gear this summer.

I would like to trade two of the Wardens for another Ampere TFE 8.0 though. I've got another 300 amp alternator coming on Friday. Plus if I get the job at the battery shop, I'll have a good discount. My electrical would be solid for the two 8k's and then I'd just need some subs to take that power

You really don't want to try to replace surround only. Amazing Goop or even some silicone caulking/adhesive should patch a punctured surround so that it won't fail fine though, or use your imagination. Not like you're really taking a 21" woofer to x-mech unless you're doing something terribly wrong anyway.
Yeah, the holes were repaired by Evan. I don't know what he used, but they've held up fine

Yeah, soft-part quality worries me, which is why I was considering just getting the radial motors.
hanks, I thought the price was very reasonable too. I'm not going to go any lower. If they don't sell, I'll just re-do my wall with the same gear this summer.

I would like to trade two of the Wardens for another Ampere TFE 8.0 though. I've got another 300 amp alternator coming on Friday. Plus if I get the job at the battery shop, I'll have a good discount. My electrical would be solid for the two 8k's and then I'd just need some subs to take that power

Yeah, the holes were repaired by Evan. I don't know what he used, but they've held up fine
Biggest risk is getting bait and switch with low quality steel, magnetic material, or glue in the motor itself without some very exotic testing equipment you'd never know if you got substituted poor grade materials there and you wouldn't know if the glue was up to snuff until a motor shifted or something fell apart! You definitely do NOT want to use Chinese coils and you'd do better to build them yourself then count on 8 year old Chinese slaves to assemble the softparts well.... in other words, if you're dead set on doing this you should source softparts and assemble yourself anyway.

Even if something is just lost or broken in shipping, do you think the Chinese factory will make good on replacement/refund? It's a huge gamble and I KNOW you're in no position to eat that kind of loss. I do appreciate the spirit of the thing but I'd feel better about you risking so much if you had a 6 figure salary and a fall-back plan for gear if things go sideways.

just wanted to say..happy birthday...

if i had the money i could do 2 of these...

but im a broke asss.. lol
Thanks, lol

Biggest risk is getting bait and switch with low quality steel, magnetic material, or glue in the motor itself without some very exotic testing equipment you'd never know if you got substituted poor grade materials there and you wouldn't know if the glue was up to snuff until a motor shifted or something fell apart! You definitely do NOT want to use Chinese coils and you'd do better to build them yourself then count on 8 year old Chinese slaves to assemble the softparts well.... in other words, if you're dead set on doing this you should source softparts and assemble yourself anyway.
Even if something is just lost or broken in shipping, do you think the Chinese factory will make good on replacement/refund? It's a huge gamble and I KNOW you're in no position to eat that kind of loss. I do appreciate the spirit of the thing but I'd feel better about you risking so much if you had a 6 figure salary and a fall-back plan for gear if things go sideways.
Yeah, I probably won't get subs build by JLD like I planned.

I want to get some radial motors, but can't decide what size to choose :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...