21 Gladiator, New System, Quality Issues

Participant count
  • Participant list

SSpiro
10+ year member

.:] Audiophile [:.
Just installed 5 channel amp (Kenwood XR900-5), subs (JL CP208LG-W3V3), and a PAC AmpPro. I have the upgraded factory 8.4 head unit with factory alpines, factory amplified sub. I planned on using factory speakers for now. My understanding is that the PAC bypasses the sub and amp

I'm getting some major crackling and distortion when I turn the volume mid way or so and have to turn the gains way down to avoid. They're currently at 1/4 or so. Unfortunately it means my min volume is around 18 on the deck, and when I get to 24 and beyond it sounds horrible. The adjustment knob for the PAC is in the middle. If I turn it down it turns down the subs. I've tested with the knob all the way down but still have the same issues.

Is this a stock speaker problem? Amppro issue? Sound quality is great in the narrow window but volume is low due to turned down gains. 😞where do I start?

Quick update. PAC recommended that i replace the amppro and that it might be defective. Did that today and same result. so its either source or the amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...