2022 4Runner Audio System Suggestion

Participant count
  • Participant list

4RunnerAudio

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hello everyone,
This is my first post to the forum, thank you for having me as a member.
I just bought a 2022 4Runner with the 8 speaker non-JBL system. I’ve always wanted a custom audio system, but have not to this point. I’ve visited many audio shops, but their suggestions always seem to revolve around their store/house brands. It’s not that I have an issue with their suggestions, they just seem motivated to sell their products be it So y, JBL, Hertz etc.. I’m looking for suggestions that are not motivated by any other means than quality, reliability, and affordability. I do not have a desire to change the stock head unit and already have a 10 inch JL w/ported enclosure w/ a 500w fosgate amp. I would like to use the items on hand to build a quality system. I’ve budgeted around 3,000 for the build and will have to figure installation cost in the overall budget, as I know absolutely nothing about car audio. I was really looking forward to incorporating a DSP in to the build for added clarity. If you would be so kind to provide speaker, amp, DSP model numbers it would be appreciated as I get VERY lost in understanding car audio components- watts/RMS Rating etc.

Thanks in advance
And again, thank you for having me in the forum.

Imagine if you owned a shop and the manufacturers of the product lines you offer make it very easy to want to continue to support that relationship. Imagine that this good relationship is built on satisfying your clients. It doesn't seem that you distrust shops, as many feel that way, but rather whoever you've spoken with has not adequately explained their offer.

Imagine if you owned a shop and the manufacturers of the product lines you offer make it very easy to want to continue to support that relationship. Imagine that this good relationship is built on satisfying your clients. It doesn't seem that you distrust shops, as many feel that way, but rather whoever you've spoken with has not adequately explained their offer.

Thank you for your reply, it is much appreciated. It’s not that I distrust shops or their relationship with distributors. I would say that my request for build opinions is to avoid bias based on relationships. I realize audio is subjective and there are many options. In those many opinions lie brand diversification based on individual user experience, I would stay that I what I am seeking. From and end user perspective and not being oversold by a shop, what would be this forums recommendations?
I would never judge a business owner for promoting relationships and their opinion. I would just like a more diversified perspective.
Thanks again for the reply, much appreciated.

You shouldn't expect an audio shop to promote products they don't sell.

Are you looking for oem integration? Stealth install?

If all you're after is someone to install the equipment you already own, any shop should be able to do that. You're more likely to get direct answers by asking direct questions.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...