2019 F250 Audio Upgrade

Subzero74

CarAudio.com Newbie
Toronto
Hey guys,

New to the forum and relatively inexperienced in the audio world. I have a 2019 F250 and was interested in upgrading the audio system.

What I want - clean, crisp, punchy sound with quality equipment.

What I don’t want - to replace the factory head unit.

From what I understand, the factory head unit really effects the audio quality. I was considering installing a single DIN head unit in a custom enclosure in the console area so I won’t need to disturb the factory head unit and all that is tied into it. Is this the way to go or am I creating a monster with this idea?

Also, am I best to go active or passive? Please understand that I have never heard of a DSP until 2 days ago....lol. From what I have read, the active option gives the user more control over sound quality.

I’ve not really investigated subs or amps at this point. I was considering Rockford Fosgate T2652-S for the tweeter and mid upgrade. ($400 CDN). Curious if anyone has any alternative suggestions in this price range?

Thanks in advance for helping me out.....I’m sure I’ll have many more questions as I get into this project.

After doing some more research....I’m reading a lot of good things about Hertz speakers. The Mille Pros are a bit pricier than the Rockfords but I’m wondering if the Hertz are that much better in quality.

There's a lot of newer decks that don't even need to be installed on the dash. You can completely hide it anywhere you want in your truck and simply operate it with your phone or a tablet. You can have a full aftermarket system and have your dash completely untouched.

Don't buy the rockfords. When you shop for speakers; look at speaker specialized brands.

There's a lot of newer decks that don't even need to be installed on the dash. You can completely hide it anywhere you want in your truck and simply operate it with your phone or a tablet. You can have a full aftermarket system and have your dash completely untouched.

Don't buy the rockfords. When you shop for speakers; look at speaker specialized brands.

Thanks for the response. When you say “speaker specialized brands”, what do you mean exactly?

Hey guys,

New to the forum and relatively inexperienced in the audio world. I have a 2019 F250 and was interested in upgrading the audio system.

What I want - clean, crisp, punchy sound with quality equipment.

What I don’t want - to replace the factory head unit.

From what I understand, the factory head unit really effects the audio quality. I was considering installing a single DIN head unit in a custom enclosure in the console area so I won’t need to disturb the factory head unit and all that is tied into it. Is this the way to go or am I creating a monster with this idea?

Also, am I best to go active or passive? Please understand that I have never heard of a DSP until 2 days ago....lol. From what I have read, the active option gives the user more control over sound quality.

I’ve not really investigated subs or amps at this point. I was considering Rockford Fosgate T2652-S for the tweeter and mid upgrade. ($400 CDN). Curious if anyone has any alternative suggestions in this price range?

Thanks in advance for helping me out.....I’m sure I’ll have many more questions as I get into this project.
dont get the rockford t2, really crap drivers for the money, it sounds okay but the output is complete trash. I still have my set i got for 100 dollars. they are worth 100, no where near 400, spend your money on something better.

What would the audio quality be like if run through a blue tooth amp?
Dayton DSP with bluetooth dongle The SQ will be MILES better than any LOC solution you can think up of if your phone is aptx capable. your stock head unit will just be a decoration while all your audio is done through the DSP and your phone. Like if you do anything using the stock head unit you'll get a 2-3 signal quality at best with the bluetooth dongle on the dsp you'll be up to an 8-9 out of 10. 10 out of 10 requires extreme specific expensive audiophile grade music player/dacs with spdif to a high dollar dsp etc... so 9 out of 10 is pretty fking good already.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.