2017/18 Kia Forte Experience

Participant count
  • Participant list

robert J

canada
I tried the search feature but it is not working.

I am looking for threads on the OEM stock head unit for the 2017/18 kia forte with 7" display. There is zero on line for tech info on them

ie: output frequencies and power of the 6 channels, how poor the signal is and what is needed to clean it up.

forte_display.jpg

I want to run OEM head with 5 Channel - sub. but thanks to expertise here, I am cost comparing a new head unit vs signal processor.

If anyone has had install experience with them I would sure appreciate any info you can supply. Thanks.

I do not want to lose any of the stock functionality in this brand new 2018 vehicle.

I tried the search feature but it is not working.
I am looking for threads on the OEM stock head unit for the 2017/18 kia forte with 7" display. There is zero on line for tech info on them

ie: output frequencies and power of the 6 channels, how poor the signal is and what is needed to clean it up.

forte_display.jpg

I want to run OEM head with 5 Channel - sub. but thanks to expertise here, I am cost comparing a new head unit vs signal processor.

If anyone has had install experience with them I would sure appreciate any info you can supply. Thanks.

I do not want to lose any of the stock functionality in this brand new 2018 vehicle.
What is your budget ?

Head units to replace the OEM on this car are stupid expensive before install, I won't be doing that, so DSP is my only alternative.

I have found out that the rear channel has almost no signal.

I don't know what the front channel is running but I am guessing some sort of band pass and highs from the tweeter channel in the dash.

I am still looking for tech specs on the unit. I have no budget for a new Head.

Maybe I can find a scope and meter the outputs and help some others in my position while I'm at it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.