2016 wrangler unlimited plan

Participant count
  • Participant list

boomfootshot

Hey guys. I'm pretty much a noob when it comes to systems. I built a couple when I was younger but I just thought I knew what I was doing and I just threw stuff together.

I had a 2012 unlimited with two 10' JL's and a Kenwood amp. I still have those and they will be going in the new jeep.

I also ran two Polk db651s's in the sound bar. I kept the stock HU. They really made a big difference and I'm not a huge audiophile so it worked for me.

So that's what I have so far. But I figured I do this jeep a tad better.

So for the HU I think it's going to be the pioneer 3800bhs. It seems like a good unit for the price.

I'm also going to pick up two more 651s's for the dash.

In the 2016 there is some changes. There are the 3.5 tweeters in the top of the dash but they also added 3.5's to the sound bar. I was planning on just unplugging the 3.5's in the sound bar and just run the 651's.

But it sounds like a good amount of sound comes out of the 3.5's on the top of the dash.

So will it really matter if I just leave these? Remember, this is coming from a guy who thought just two 651's on the HU sounded great.

Also, what's a decent, affordable amp to run the four 651's?

Keep in mind when I say affordable I don't want total junk but I don't want to drop a lot either. I actually plan on scouring the classifieds here. I don't have a ton of money. I've got a lot if health problems and dr bills. I'm lucky I even got the jeep.

Thanks guys.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.