2015 Scion XB

Participant count
  • Participants list

kgcolby

SoCal
Hello! I'm looking at upgrading my car.

Car comes with 4 6.5" inch speakers and two tweeters.

I'm not 100% sure where to start here as all I've ever done was just throw a sub in my back and get as much SPL as possible. Well... 10 years later and I'm less SPL and more SQ but a complete scrub to door speakers. I'm 30Db deaf left ear and 10Db on my right thanks to ear infections as a child.

Will I notice a difference between going a $200 MEX-120BT Class D with 40RMS per speaker vs a cheaper head unit with a 4 channel class A/B amp 40 RMS per channel? I'm not trying to get SUPER loud but I want crisp with a nice punch.

Later down the line I do plan on getting a single 12 or 15 sealed or T-Line. Most likely Sealed for the space. But that's another time.

Hello! I'm looking at upgrading my car.
Car comes with 4 6.5" inch speakers and two tweeters.

I'm not 100% sure where to start here as all I've ever done was just throw a sub in my back and get as much SPL as possible. Well... 10 years later and I'm less SPL and more SQ but a complete scrub to door speakers. I'm 30Db deaf left ear and 10Db on my right thanks to ear infections as a child.

Will I notice a difference between going a $200 MEX-120BT Class D with 40RMS per speaker vs a cheaper head unit with a 4 channel class A/B amp 40 RMS per channel? I'm not trying to get SUPER loud but I want crisp with a nice punch.

Later down the line I do plan on getting a single 12 or 15 sealed or T-Line. Most likely Sealed for the space. But that's another time.
i guess u mean the sony hu yeah it has a real 40x4 amp where as my hu is 22x4 and amp is much smaller so actual output more like 12rmsx4 probably.. another option is get hu similar to mine kenwood 301 $119, jvc has similar for like $89 so does kenwood these are single din units (kenwood and jvc are the same now anyway) and then get a decnt 5 channel amp with 4ga power wire, power te speakers something like 50x4 or 70x4 whatever but it'll also have 400-1100 rms for sub later (power depend on amp) whats most u could spend on amp/hu? of course u can get 489 hu $100 4 channel now and later get $100 jbl or others for $149 or so and get a sub (pioneer 8601 good sub amp and the 4 channel they have just got tested too and did very well)..

In your opinion do you think I'll actually hear the difference between 2 way coaxial vs a component at such low power ratings?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.