2013 Honda Accord LX Sedan Speaker Upgrade

Participant count
  • Participant list

Concert D Major

USA
Went to 3 car audio places today. They recommended speakers and amps that I couldn't find any reviews on. One guy swore that Mmats speakers were the best sounding for the money. The other guy recommended Rockford Fosgate but he said he charges more for installation if I buy the gear elsewhere. One place tries to sell you a Sony amp, the other a Pioneer amp. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

At this point, I think I'm gonna order my own gear online and just pay for the installation. I know nothing about car stereos, so I don't wanna risk installing myself.

Soooooo...what do you guys recommend? The LX sedan has 4 6.5" speakers and that's it. Basically, I'd like to get components for the front, coaxes for the rear, and an amplifier. I'm wondering if Honda dealers can order the tweeter wing panels that come on the higher Accord trims and swap 'em out so it'll look factory.

Any recommendations? Thanks?

there are many options for components and speakers for your car ,mmats is a good choice depending on which set ,so is phd cdt dls hertz focals rainbow ... the list goes on and on .you will wanna amp the new speakers ,at least the fronts .also you'll want to deaden the doors as well to get the most out of your new speakers .so the question is , what is your budget for the new speakers ,taking into consideration the deadener, amp, and wires ?

hey I also just got this car and am looking to upgrade the sound system. If I was to replace the 4 speakers with Kicker 40CS54 for the front and back would I still need to get a sub/amp even if bass isn't much needed for myself? Any ideas/thoughts would be appreciated I am trying to make this sound very good, and my friend is helping me install it so I will save a few dollars on that end. I dont need top of the line products, but definitely would like good, reliable products.

hey I also just got this car and am looking to upgrade the sound system. If I was to replace the 4 speakers with Kicker 40CS54 for the front and back would I still need to get a sub/amp even if bass isn't much needed for myself? Any ideas/thoughts would be appreciated I am trying to make this sound very good, and my friend is helping me install it so I will save a few dollars on that end. I dont need top of the line products, but definitely would like good, reliable products.
How much bass you need is a personal preference. Personally I require a 12" 500 watt sub as a bare minimum for bass. Also when yo ask what you should get always include how much you are willing to spend.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.