2012 Ram 1500 Crew Cab build help

Participant count
  • Participant list

Donald_S

This is what I have so far:

Head Unit: JVC Arsenal KD-AR959BS Arsenal

Dash Speakers: Kicker 41KSC354 3-1/2"

Front Door Speakers: Kicker 40CSS654 6-1/2" Components

Rear Door Speakers: Factory, but I plan to get a pair of Kicker 40CSS694 6"x9" components and then run a 4-channel amp, possibly this one: Pioneer GM-D8604 100X4 (I'm open to suggestions but I do want to keep it under $300)

During my reading here, I've come under the impression that Kicker doesn't make very good subs in terms of sound quality. I've been impressed with the component speakers and the dash speakers that I've installed in the front (but I have the fader all the way to the front right now, not enough power to them otherwise), so I do plan to get Kickers for the rear.

However, I'm open to any brand of subs that will produce the best sound for my budget. I plan on buying a Fox Acoustics vented box (2 12's) that goes under the back seat. My budget for 2 12" subs and an amp is about $1000. I'll be running 0 gauge wire when I install the 4-channel amp and a distribution block in prep for the subs (I'll probably buy the subs in Spring), then 4-gauge to each amp. So what do you guys think is the best 2 sub/amp combo for $1000? Thanks!

Also, if anyone knows, are the front door and dash speakers in the newer Rams bridged together or are they separate?

Man, 95 views and no opinions //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif I should have made the title "KICKURZ RUL OVR ALL" I was looking at SoundQubed HDC3.112 but the magnets look too big for the FoxBox. I have no idea if SA-12's would fit or not, can't seem to find the magnet size listed.

I've fought with the ram quad cab since 2003 trying to make a good system. Could never get the bass I wanted. I don't believe the 3.5's are tied into the 6x9's. I always run new speaker wire though and have never used the factory wires so I could be way wrong. I'm doing a 2010 ram right now. Experimenting with box right now.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.