2012 Maxima spare tire enclosure build

Participant count
  • Participant list
Did some more work today, glassed in the divider:

bossman0150's Recent Uploads | Photobucket

Also got my Knukonceptz 8ga speaker wire. probably overkill but I figured I might as well do it right, this is big stuff lol. No place for terminals so just going to route a couple of places on the MDF top and run the wire between the fiberglass and MDF top.

Now I just have to order my ports. Since this is a trunk build, will I be ok with PVC or should I still go with a flared Aeroport? Also I am toying with the idea of somehow making the ports removable in case I need to carry something big in my trunk, so if I figure out a way to do that I won't be able to use a flared bottom, just the top.

All done! I have to say this was a ton of work, especially since I am not the handiest of people. Thank goodness my dad is and he was able to help and make suggestions at some crucial points. I can't comment on sound yet, my installer is going to hook it up and set the gains on Monday afternoon. I can't get to the speaker wire end of the amp without un-mounting it so I will let him do it. I don't have the port sealed in yet, I wanted it to be able to be moved around a bit and find where it sounds best and paint it black. Looks a bit silly at the moment. It's not flared but I did taper the ends with a router and smoothed the edges.

bossman0150's Recent Uploads | Photobucket

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.