2012 Frame / Cone -- First Built Woofer

That is just nuts man. I want it. You know you need a guinea pig in the michigan area . //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Any surround you like can be custom tooled at a soft parts manufacturing company (there are quite a few out there) -- it's just not cheap so it's not practical for one-off applications or for drivers that don't really need the additional throw.
AH..

My problem is this...(sorry for the off topic)

I have 3 old school JL 8w6's with after market surrounds. They do not allow for that driver's throw.

The replacement (generic) foams are wide enough and fit but are not tall enough. I have a 4th 8w6 here(stock) and the difference is night and day.

If you could(and do not mind) maybe shoot me a pm with some contact info for one of these companies. I am going to keep these old w6's and would most likely have no problems having a good, correct foam built for them.

Thanks and again, sorry for going off topic.

-Vic

I only saw the surrounds shape distorting a little bit at 3:16-3:40. Quite impressive. What's the mms with that cone and coil setup? Have u pulled any specs? I definitely want you to recone a pair of 3hp x2's for me when u get these stocked

Lol yep, that thread was crafted for lulz from the beginning.
Iv seen like 6 ppl already with quotes from that thread as they're sig. That's where I got mine too haha everyone had already taken all the good ones by the time I got there though.....

I did get a little too happy with it last night when I first fired it up -- you'll hear a small metallic sound because of some slight damage I did to it then (woops!). Either way I was still able to get a good test out of it for this video and show it in action -- with more testing to come as we get more prototypes together. The good news is I'll be able to make it even tougher on production thanks to my mistake =)

Now you just need someone to do a nice in depth review for this right!? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

looks like the prototype from visceral sound
If you mean both drivers have a chrome triple stack motor, then yes - putting aside that the motors are different designs other than being triple stacks.

If you mean any other part on them, then no - they are 100% different in terms of frame, soft parts, and coil.

---------- Post added at 07:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 AM ----------

^^^EVERYONE wants to be that dude.
What's the cost looking like on these? On par with the Z v.3's?
As you might imagine the new parts are more expensive; pricing is pending the final production costs. It will go up according to the % of production cost increase.

As you might imagine the new parts are more expensive; pricing is pending the final production costs. It will go up according to the % of production cost increase.
I was afraid of that //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

It's looking like they will be very much worth it though. Hurry up and get those kinks worked out so we can get our hands on some! I know at least I'm in as soon as they are available.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

sundownz

Pro Seller
Supporting Vendor
sundownz
North Carolina
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date