2011 Corolla Sound Upgrade

Participant count
  • Participant list

gjdfa

I'm getting a 2011 Corolla next week with 75k miles. I want to upgrade the stereo and speakers and get some kind of sub, nothing crazy, but something that will take some bass out of the speakers and really allow rock and anything guitar or whatever to sound nice and clear, while really bringing out the bass in the sub. Again, I don't want a ridiculous sub, perhaps a single sub with an amp built in.

I really have no knowledge as far as subs go, and I'm hoping I'll be able to figure out how to install it with my buddy using tutorials and whatnot, and I am also curious about the speakers. I was thinking I'd replace the 2 door speakers and the 2 back speakers, and leave the tweeters (there are 6 total) but I'd like to hear what anyone recommends.

Another concern I have is the stereo to be android compatible. I just want to be able to play music while having it connected via usb rather than aux or bluetooth. I have a galaxy s5.

I'm looking to spend around $500-$600, and based on some of the stuff below I've found on crutchfield, hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.

stereo - Boss BV9386NV Navigation receiver at Crutchfield.com

speakers - Rockford Fosgate Prime R165-S 6-1/2" component speaker system at Crutchfield.com

sub - Sound Ordnance™ B-8P 80-watt powered bandpass subwoofer at Crutchfield.com

Thanks,

Mike

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.