2010 HHR wall build

posterboard. gonna put a thin layer of resin, then stick the mat to it, and glass over it.

IMAG0312.jpg

IMAG0313.jpg

this is behind the front baffle

IMAG0315-1.jpg

IMAG0338-1.jpg

and then i just did this now, dont know if itll help any sound wise or not, but looking through the port it should look nice with all rounded edges and corners. (glassing over this as well)

IMAG0347.jpg

IMAG0346.jpg

IMAG0343.jpg

IMAG0342.jpg

IMAG0341-1.jpg

IMAG0337.jpg

IMAG0336.jpg

IMAG0335.jpg

IMAG0334-1.jpg

lil sloppy, i stapled it with the panel still on the door so it wouldnt flex out of position.

then i took it off and resined and added a thick layer of mat in most areas, some 2 layers (under the 12 etc),,,tomorrow ill trim it up and start sanding and prally add one more layer of mat on the back side for re-enforcement. cant wait to have these things playing!!!!!!!!!!

oh and all the sharp edges from the baffles under the fabric will be filled with rage extreme, so it will all look nice once i complete the body work.

IMAG0583.jpg

IMAG0582.jpg

IMAG0584.jpg

IMAG0585.jpg

IMAG0586.jpg

IMAG0587.jpg

the edges of the panel are being fixed, and the other side will come out better (both will look great when finished) but i kinda made more work for myself the way i did the drivers one. oh well, still liking the overall way its turning out.

the panel itself did not warp one bit either, which i am very happy about.

IMAG0605.jpg

IMAG0604.jpg

Wow should of checked your thread long time ago.....You have a really nice a hefty build going on. Those doors look like there coming along, I know they should be crazy loud. Much props too..you are very skilled wood craftsman. On another note alot of people where im from dont know the secret behind glassing the insides of their enclosures. My box for my 4 12's is glassed birch+glass= win win

Wow should of checked your thread long time ago.....You have a really nice a hefty build going on. Those doors look like there coming along, I know they should be crazy loud. Much props too..you are very skilled wood craftsman. On another note alot of people where im from dont know the secret behind glassing the insides of their enclosures. My box for my 4 12's is glassed birch+glass= win win
haha thanks. im nothing near as good as some of the people i know that build boxes, but i can only hope to improve my wood craftsmanship as i go. i know i have for sure, but theres still more to be learned by me //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.