2010 Camaro 2SS / JBL 660GTI's, JBL W10GTI MkII's

Responding to this:

"Wrong. First, running amps with a factory headunit will most likely cause noise issues that you wont be able to get rid of, second. An aftermarket radio will have better tuning options most of the time, and third, the aftermarket radio would make things a whole lot simpler. But you dont know what your doing so its ok, this board will be here to help when you run into problems." - WorstEnemy

I would say:

1.) My factory head unit actually sends a very quiet flat signal, which has been proven by my installers as well as other audio pros.

2.) The tuning options wont be used in the headunit, thats what the MS-8 is for. :)

3.) simple how? I think the factory head unit is extremely straight forward and simple, Then back to the MS-8... Think of the device as an auto calibrator for your vehicle’s sound system. It automatically adjusts crossover settings, frequency repsonse, stereo imaging and everything else needed to maximize your audio. The process takes about 10 minutes to run through a step-by-step prcedure with the included LCD screen, the setup CD and the included remote.

I do agree that without the using of the MS-8. I may have a little bit of a non perfect signal just using the JL Cleansweep and the JL Signal Summing interface but I already have a Pre-order down to be the first here in Tulsa to have this thrown in the car as soon as it arrives supposedly June.

I hope I prove you wrong.. but in the end you will just cruise down the road in your 89 ford hating because you hate the car, the setup, and the fact that im a newb on the forum you want to try and flame.

Last edited by a moderator:
I read that it's good to run a center ch. speaker with the ms-8 and I think rear speakers too but not sure how important the rear speakers would be.

The stock deck in my Grand Vitara was made by clarion and it sounded really good. I had rainbow germaniums with an eqx and stock HU and was really impressed w/ the quality.

Its a 2010 car and so much of the newer cars features are being integrated in the headunit that its simply the best option now an days. Most ppl with factory nav systems get a LOC to keep the factory HU and add aftermarket speakers. Any1 who disagrees most likely drives a shitty old car (with a nice sounding system to say the least...) or got a new car but was too poor to afford the NAV headunit and choose the crappy standard radio.

View attachment 26517433

Heres a sneak peak of the start of the build! :) should be done by tomorrow night, this pic was taken this morning. Thats Gary Knox, in that photo working on the car. Member of Team JBL. Gary Biggs came in today and looked at the car and suggested I stick to a ported box. the size is only a couple inches larger but I will need it to help keep up with the two bi-amped pairs of the 660GTI's

chevy could have had a home run on the camaro but they really just failed by making it "nice" inside and 10,000 pounds nice equipment though
While I agree on the inside, the weight is nothing new. About the same as it has always been.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.