2009 2dr rabbit speaker and amp help

Participant count
  • Participant list

santipr

Hello all.

I apologize now for being a complete car audio noob. I'm looking to upgrade the sound system in my 2009 rabbit 2dr. It has 10 speakers but the basic headunit. Honestly I'm not sure if I have a factory amp or not, which is the first thing I need help with. I'm planning on replacing the stock headunit with a Kenwood Excelon KDC-X597 unit. I'm also replacing the 4in mids with Kicker 40CS44. Im replacing the those because the passenger one is blown and causes the entire passenger door to cut. Also I went to listen to my 6.5 on the passenger side doesn't produce any sound whatsoever. Is it blown or is this being caused by the blown 4? The tweeter on that door works fine. Maybe because its before the 4 on the circuit? Again, I dont know anything.Then I also would like to install a 4 channel amp. How do I wire up 10 speakers to a 4 channel amp? Will an aftermarket headunit make my install easier or more difficult? Where could I put the amp and what wires do I need? These are all things I don't know, and would love your help on.

Thanks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.