Banana Plugs?

Strip the wire? Sorry, I didn't explain very well - I'm putting some binding posts in my box and wanted a cleaner look than some ring terminals. Bananas would be perfect

Seriously? Pointless? Much easier to pull out a plug than unscrew a bolt on a terminal. And I was hoping you came into the thread to help.
Is this for the out side of the box or the inside of the box on the terminal cup? I dont see how you would use banana plugs on the inside of a terminal cup?

terminalpair19422502.jpg

Seriously? Pointless? Much easier to pull out a plug than unscrew a bolt on a terminal. And I was hoping you came into the thread to help.
how big of a build are you doing that you might blow or melt terminal cup, but i do agree pointless

Are you going to be taking this box out and reinstalling it often? If not, banana plugs aren't ideal. Cosmetics are subjective but, when I see banana plugs in a permanent speaker installation all I see is improper installation techniques and potentials for corrosion and poor connections in the future.

The reason why there are nuts on those binding posts as well as banana plugs is because they can be used for temporary setups (banana plugs for DJ speakers, etc.) or permanent setups (nuts for home or car audio speakers that won't be portable). Sounds like your application is the latter.

Also, if you're worried about heating things up, banana plugs are a good way to make sure you have heat.

Yes, I may be taking the box out often. Seems that when researching this stuff, there is so much conflicting information it's ridiculous!

Parts Express bro. Done.
Here are the binding posts I am currently using on my box. Love them: Dayton Audio BPA-38G HD Binding Post Pair Gold 091-1245

I'm not currently using banana plugs, but PE has a lot: Banana Plugs in the Home Audio / Video Department at Parts Express | 184

These are ones I've gotten before and I like them: Banana Plug Pair Compression Type 091-330
Those are actually the posts I ordered, and was thinking about getting those banana plugs

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

clanderson

clanderson
Nebraska
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
clanderson