2008 Impala LT No sound after aftermarket stereo install

Participant count
  • Participant list

MyersTexas

I have a 2008 Chevy Impala LT, it has NO Bose or premium sound system, There is NO factory amp as well, I believe it was a fleet vehicle (Very Basic)

What my problem is that I'm trying to install a Power acoustic Stereo (after market)

I previously had the same set up and wire harness installed in this car, but my car was broken into and the thief's stole everything including the harness!

The harness I have is the one with out the warning chimes module , Like I said before this setup worked fine for 8 months before the car was broken into!

After installing everything today the stereo comes on and display as should BUT NO SOUND. The only wires that are not connected is the (blue/white) the (solid blue- Antenna) and the (orange- illumination )

I'm at a lost as to why there is no sound, I've checked all fuses, I disconnect the wire harness and connect the factory stereo and everything works fine.

Again I have never had a factory amp and this set up has worked before! If anyone has any ideas please share them!!

being a power acoustik, i want to lean heavily toward defective unit. there could be some issue with the vehicle harness though since the thief isn't being gentle when stealing your gear. try hooking up a speaker you have laying around to one of the speaker outputs on the headunit to narrow it down. internal amp control is possible but not likely on that unit.

Update, I took back the Power acoustic stereo and now have a Jensen 7inch flip out, and still have the same results, everything works EXCEPT the sound! I went and rewired all 4 of the speakers in this vehicle, and nothing!

The factory stereo works fine, so I'm guessing it has to be the harness ???

Update, I took back the Power acoustic stereo and now have a Jensen 7inch flip out, and still have the same results, everything works EXCEPT the sound! I went and rewired all 4 of the speakers in this vehicle, and nothing!
The factory stereo works fine, so I'm guessing it has to be the harness ???
It sounds like the GM bus module may be bad that connects between the deck and factory harness...

It sounds like the GM bus module may be bad that connects between the deck and factory harness...
How could I check that?! My Factory stereo is still working! And as said before I had an aftermarket stereo installed before about 5 months ago!

How could I check that?! My Factory stereo is still working! And as said before I had an aftermarket stereo installed before about 5 months ago!
Sounds like either your speakers are no good or you may need to run all new wires to each speaker.

Have you checked if the harness was wired correctly?

Sent from my draconis using Tapatalk

Im not real sure how to check them ...but I know its common they go out...If your factory radio is working without it...your speakers are all good.....one thought to be good deck didnt work...another deck didnt work ...the only thing different is the module added to work with factory wiring...Im not sure which one you have Im guessing a GMOS 1 or something ...

Im not real sure how to check them ...but I know its common they go out...If your factory radio is working without it...your speakers are all good.....one thought to be good deck didnt work...another deck didnt work ...the only thing different is the module added to work with factory wiring...Im not sure which one you have Im guessing a GMOS 1 or something ...

Pic attached

Pic attached
thats not what i thought you had...you can unhook the speaker wires the two grey green white and purple...any pair and touch a 9v battery to the pair if the speaker makes a scratching sound it means the wire is good from there to your speakers...im unsure what the plug is with a couple of wires...the red usually goes to a fuse block to a terminal that comes on with the key to turn the radio on the acc wire

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.