2008 Hummer h3 sub suggestions

Derian06

I have a 2008 hummer h3 alpha and am trying to get a pretty decent set up going. Right now I have:

Pioneer gm-8601 800w rms powering 2 champ series 12's (blew one the other day) in a ported box

Pioneer gm-8604 400w rms powering 4 pioneer pro 6 3/4" mid bass drivers and 2 3" super tweets

Pioneer 900w max 4 channel powering 4 (2pionner 2 memphis) 6x9's and 2 tweeters

The big 3

A odyssesus 750cca battery, 0 guage wire to the back, and a soundquest 2000w battery

I want to scrap the gm-8601 and the champ series subs, install a 250+amp alt from power bastards, and replace the 2 12's and amp. Only problem is that my budget for the subs and amp is around 400$ so if yall have any suggestions on what would be the best combo I could get that would be great. Heres a pic of my ride.
7d15f997dc3f29c09ce758d384ec92d8.jpg

I thought people that drove Hummers had deep pockets //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/greedy.gif.5a53e6246569d7ab79867170f3b06629.gif and didn't have to worry about budgets....
I mean when you spend all your money on your car your pockets get empty quick. I think we can all agree on that.

Thats a pretty low budget for a pair of 12s, box, and an amp.
I would almost want to say ditch the alternator idea and just put all money on subs and amp, or even one stronger sub in a really nice box.

Maybe do something like an SSA 15, if you could fit it. @ciaonzo always has some nice subs for grab.

I just can't justify the alternator upgrade unless you are going to go bigger power or have plans for a stronger system down the road.

I have a 08 H3 and was running 2 zvx V2 12's with psi soft parts on a sk3500.1,stock alt,2 runs of zero,1 odessy group 31 under the hood and 1 of those nsb 100ft batteries in the back. I've pulled it all out now and am going to add a 3rd 12 on a scv6000. Adding more batteries in the back and upgrading the alternator.

[quote name='sherrod833']Here's a video I shot before I took it out.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6m7nn1trswg&feature=em-share_video_user[/QUOTE] holy **** man. On a stock alt? I can't believe that.

[quote name='sherrod833']By the way where did you get those headlights?[/QUOTE] I made them actually

[quote name='The_Grimy_One']Thats a pretty low budget for a pair of 12s, box, and an amp.
I would almost want to say ditch the alternator idea and just put all money on subs and amp, or even one stronger sub in a really nice box.

Maybe do something like an SSA 15, if you could fit it. @ciaonzo always has some nice subs for grab.

I just can't justify the alternator upgrade unless you are going to go bigger power or have plans for a stronger system down the road.[/QUOTE]
My volts drop to 10.3 when running 1200w rms so I think I have to upgrade the alt. Especially since i'll be running about 2300w rms now.

I ended up getting some FU Audio 750 12's at 150$ a pop, now I just need a amp that can put out 1500rms @ 1ohm for around 100-200$ any ideas?
And I appreciate the input yall
I also have a amazon pre built ported box, and I would like to make a custom one. Any box designer I can use?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.