2008 Honda Civic sub location

Participant count
  • Participant list
Based on that you want something with accurate transient response. Something well designed not an off the shelf rebadge. You don't need anything higher than 500w rms but the amp should be at least double the power handling of the sub to ensure the sub receives a clean signal and its actual rated power. 

This sub has pretty much what you are looking for:

http://ddaudio.com/products/subwoofers/hidef-tuned/1000-series-2/

There is a DD dealer in Tuscon named Audio 2000 according to the dealer locator. DD equipment is only sold in brick and mortar stores so you won't find pricing online but that sub along with a custom box should come in under $400. 
Rough guesstimate of how large that box would be? I am in no way wanting a box that will take up most of my trunk. I work in IT and from time to time I have to carry around full systems or parts, so I would need the trunk space to NOT be filled with a box. 

Rough guesstimate of how large that box would be? I am in no way wanting a box that will take up most of my trunk. I work in IT and from time to time I have to carry around full systems or parts, so I would need the trunk space to NOT be filled with a box. 
Last time I made a box for a single 10 it was 20 wide 12 high 14 deep. That should leave plenty of space in your trunk. What you can do is get some cardboard boxes and place them in your trunk to mock up the size of a box to give you an idea of how much trunk space you will have left. 

THATpurpleKUSH said:
Based on that you want something with accurate transient response. Something well designed not an off the shelf rebadge. You don't need anything higher than 500w rms but the amp should be at least double the power handling of the sub to ensure the sub receives a clean signal and its actual rated power. 

This sub has pretty much what you are looking for:

http://ddaudio.com/products/subwoofers/hidef-tuned/1000-series-2/

There is a DD dealer in Tuscon named Audio 2000 according to the dealer locator. DD equipment is only sold in brick and mortar stores so you won't find pricing online but that sub along with a custom box should come in under $400. 
So I went over to Audio 2000 today and was given a quote of $580 after tax for a DD 12in and box. However my concern and I brought it up multiple times was that the box would take up the entire back portion of the trunk and stick out roughly 13in. I asked if they could make a smaller skinnier box that is ported on one end. I was told that they would need that much room to make it sound good. ............

So I went over to Audio 2000 today and was given a quote of $580 after tax for a DD 12in and box. However my concern and I brought it up multiple times was that the box would take up the entire back portion of the trunk and stick out roughly 13in. I asked if they could make a smaller skinnier box that is ported on one end. I was told that they would need that much room to make it sound good. ............
https://www.parts-express.com/dayton-audio-rss315ho-44-12-reference-ho-dvc-subwoofer--295-467

you can go as small as half a cubic foot with a sealed box with this sub and still sound great definitely a much better deal than the DD. That particular DD he mentioned is more suited for a sealed box or 4th order than a ported, the EBP is at at the mid 30s....   The dayton I recommended can work in either ported or sealed just fine with an EBP of 52(anything above 60 is literally ported/6th orders only and anything under 45 is suited for sealed/4th orders only, The dayton very similar to a JL w3/w6 in performance which costs several times more..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.