2008 Honda Civic Hybrid Install

my old old civic, had horrible Q/P rot..

but hey, rims and hood were hot =]

and the b18 burnt oil lie a mofo and was most likely slower than the stock d15 =]

DSCF3102.jpg

After doing some research it sounds like you can't really do any car mods without screwing with the mpg.....can't even add a sunroof....at least i'll be able to put my stereo system in it....it does seem to be the better choice over Prius also...in comfort and ride quality...i guess in ways it will save money....in cost of custom car mods....i need to research stock speaker sizes now...another bad factor rear seats don't fold down...not sure if there is a ski hatch...since i'm doing a 5.1 install i need rear fill....8ch old school ADS FTW //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

You will definitely lose mpg's if you start changing things. If you pop off the steel panel in the trunk that the batteries are behind, you will see there is some space in there but I wouldn't advise putting anything in there. You will notice a vent in the rear deck and I think that is for ventilation. If you are really wanting to bring bass into the cabin, make a port up through the rear deck.

I would also advise putting some dynamat down. The tires are very noisy and you really hear the road noise in the cabin. IF, you learn how to drive it, you might get closer to 50mpg's and if you learn to hypermill (i don't) you might get into the 60's for mpg's. But, then again, if you are putting a system in the car, I highly doubt hypermilling will be your bag of tea.

nah...that'll be going towards rims and a carbon fiber hood //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif and other things for the car....//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
Really?... on a Hybrid?

That's super rice tastic.

I mean, really?.. doesn't that seem to defeat the purpose?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.