2008 altima system revision

08altima

New boX!! box will be slot ported into the cabin and im gettin rid of the ports thrw the rear deck and adding a third set of focals. This is for a 13 w7, the entire inside as well as wall in the trunk and rear deck are being re-modeled.

Box is roughly 2.4 cubes after port and driver displacement and about 2.7 cubes after bracing holes were accounted for. Came out a tad bigger but 45's and such will be added. Front,Rear, bracing will be 1in mdf. top,bottom and sides are 3/4

Heres a start will be updated as the project continues enjoy....

IMG_0037.jpg

IMG_0041.jpg
IMG_0044.jpg
IMG_0053.jpg
IMG_0049.jpg
IMG_0077.jpg
IMG_0086.jpg

IMG_0091.jpg

box was only mocked up in the last few photos. ports edges will be routed to a nice rounded edge. box will get a nice bead of caulk in the edges and the sub will have 12 t-nuts to secure it in. Not sure how im finishing the port i do know it will be lit with blue led's to match the rest of the car and im thinkin a pearl white paint with a clear coat?

Well in the mean time the car itself has gotten a few mods. i didnt get as many pictures of the build or install process but heres the out come...

IMG_0094.jpg
IMG_0093.jpg

door pockets in all 4..
IMG_0100.jpg
IMG_0111.jpg

under dash...
IMG_0109.jpg

10k hid's in low beams and fogs camera looks white but they have a blue tint
IMG_0118.jpg

all the interior lighting has been changed to blue as well.

that port opening is very awkward. why not just make it open up straight? are you missing a 45 at the opening? the effective area at the opening seems larger than the rest of the port.

That port opening does seem kind of awkward, and all the neon is a bit much to me, but the box does look quite solid, and the car is nice. Good luck with the build.

the 5 in to the left of the port get an angled piece that secures the box to the incar baffle. this was where the port could be and still be into the car

the part to the left will be the left wall you see here with the two bolts in it.
IMG_0007.jpg

ok guys got some work done pics will be up asap when pb loads. started the false floor and got the bottom in. box is finished as well as interior beauty panel and such. just have to mount the speaker (waiting on wire) and mount the box to the car and seal it all off. the 1000/1v2 will be lit up under a plexi window in the floor

Interesting to say the least. I am considering doing the same thing to my Altima, that is, subwoofer facing forward sealed off. Only difference is I have an 02 Altima and a 12w7. Post up your new pics.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.