2006 kia rio "I'm completely lost with wires color"

ZeusDios47

Hello to everyone! I'm new in this forum and join it to try to get an answer to my car audio sound prayers! Pleaseeeeeeee! I've a 2006 kia Rio and yesterday my wife gifted me a dual radio double din 6.2 to my car. I was very happy with that but when I started to make up the installation everything started go wrong with that. When I thought have finished my stereo turned on but not sound couldn't hear...

So, I really appreciate your help with that. I'm adding a picture of the head car connection to try to identify what colour is one each to install my new stereo. Thanks for your time and consideration.

2006 kia Rio wires:

IMG-20161113-WA0012.jpg

http://www.dropbox.com/s/g5txu566lod85mb/IMG-20161113-WA0012.jpg?dl=0

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello to everyone! I'm new in this forum and join it to try to get an answer to my car audio sound prayers! Pleaseeeeeeee! I've a 2006 kia Rio and yesterday my wife gifted me a dual radio double din 6.2 to my car. I was very happy with that but when I started to make up the installation everything started go wrong with that. When I thought have finished my stereo turned on but not sound couldn't hear... So, I really appreciate your help with that. I'm adding a picture of the head car connection to try to identify what colour is one each to install my new stereo. Thanks for your time and consideration.

2006 kia Rio wires:

IMG-20161113-WA0012.jpg

http://www.dropbox.com/s/g5txu566lod85mb/IMG-20161113-WA0012.jpg?dl=0
1st piece of advice: Photos must be hosted somewhere else and a link inserted into the "Please insert the URL of your image": tool on this message board.

2nd piece of advice: you should NOT have cut off the factory radio plug to the vehicle, but rather should have gotten a compatible adaptor for it. That's the first thing my installer guy did for me with my Alpine head unit, for which I had two plugs with wires for. We went up to Best n;.Buy I think and for a generic Chrysler adaptor for my 2006 Grand Caravan, and installer guy wire spliced all the color coded wires of the generic Chrysler adaptor to my Alpine plug, and it WORKED first time!

John Kuthe...

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow first usefull post from John kuthe. If you still have the factory plug resplice it back on then attach the adapter. The adapter will have color codes wires that match aftermarket hu harness color codes. Sometimes there are factory amps that need to be hooked up special and the adapter will fix it all.

Hi man! Really thanks for your help! I put back the kia connector and went to buy a Kia harness.. And everything was better than before. Now, my stereo is sounding well but.. But.. But, when I turn my headlights on my stereo turns off! o_O OMG! Now, what is the matter? I put everything in the same position and just connected the new one.. Any idea? Thanks again.

You might have crossed the Orange illumination wire with the red ignition wire if not. Try running a new ignition wire to the fuse panel the car Manuel should have a spare ignition switched wire labeled

Wow first usefull post from John kuthe. If you still have the factory plug resplice it back on then attach the adapter. The adapter will have color codes wires that match aftermarket hu harness color codes. Sometimes there are factory amps that need to be hooked up special and the adapter will fix it all.
I almost made that mistake! But Installer Guy saved me from myself first off when he took me to Best buy (I think) and got a generic Chrysler radio adaptor for Baby II!

John Kuthe...

Hi man! Really thanks for your help! I put back the kia connector and went to buy a Kia harness.. And everything was better than before. Now, my stereo is sounding well but.. But.. But, when I turn my headlights on my stereo turns off! o_O OMG! Now, what is the matter? I put everything in the same position and just connected the new one.. Any idea? Thanks again.
Can you attach the original radio and test again? If the problem still occurs then it's a wiring problem, somewhere.

John Kuthe...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.