2006 chevy cobalt

budahbuddy803
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Aiken, SC
well installed everything for an amp and two subs. I love the stock trunk location for the battery. Running all the wires was easy, but after connecting the wiring harness the HU wouldnt power up so my step brother took it to the local audio shop and they said you either had to buy a $120 piece or you can place a fuse on the power wire,

He doesnt have a job or anything so he doesnt have the $120 to spend. He wants me to put a fuse on the power wire and he thinks that will make it work. I dont understand how putting a fuse on the wire will work.... Will it? I think ill try it for him inless some one says it wont work.

the colbalt doesn't have an acc pwr source at the factory radio harness location, a switched 12v source much be located, i usualy tap a relay from the ign. harness and use that.

use a test light find a wire that only has power when acc is on tap in and run a wire to the ac wire on the radio put a inline fuse holder in there just for safety (autoparts store for 4 or 5 bucks if ur radio doesnt have one)

GF has an '06 Cobalt so I'm familiar with the lack of ACC wire. I tapped into the fuse block with no problems. Pull the plastic panel on the pass side by the driveline hump and you'll find it there. I believe I used the "wiper" fuse as that's hot when ignition is on...

GF has an '06 Cobalt so I'm familiar with the lack of ACC wire. I tapped into the fuse block with no problems. Pull the plastic panel on the pass side by the driveline hump and you'll find it there. I believe I used the "wiper" fuse as that's hot when ignition is on...
does that wire provide 12v tho when its in acc and not just ign?

i dont understand. When you say tap into the fuse do you mean just stick the wire in and then the fuse back on top? or do you somehow get to the back of the fuse panel and tap into an existing wire. I have the panel off and am to stupid to figure this thing out. Please a little more help.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.