2006 Avalanche - No Power to Aftermarket Head Unit

Participant count
  • Participant list

Austin Boston

CarAudio.com Newbie
Not getting power to an aftermarket head unit in a 2006 Chevy Avalanche.

I used a multimeter to test the yellow 12V constant circuit which showed ~12V, so far so good.  Then I tested the red 12V switched circuit with the car running and got no reading, so it looks to me like the problem is something to do with this circuit. I checked the radio fuse and it was not blown. I thought perhaps there was a separate fuse for the switched radio circuit but I can't figure out which it would be. I've tested almost all of the fuses related to ignition or accessory and all are good.  I also threw a different head unit in there just to rule out that it was a bad unit (even though it should've still shown voltage on the switched circuit when the car was running). Looking for advice on where to go next in my diagnosis. Thanks.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.