2005 Scion tC SQ Hertz Audison Pioneer Build Log

the 240 is already on it's way. $370 for the 240A. but the 160A was $300, so it's just another $70 to upgrade. Quality Power is taking care of us.
Sounds good. I hope this Singer preforms, I'm trying to run a M4a next year and I really don't want to add much more weight in the back. I've gained to full trips to work on a tank since the subs came out.

Sounds good. I hope this Singer preforms, I'm trying to run a M4a next year and I really don't want to add much more weight in the back. I've gained to full trips to work on a tank since the subs came out.
the gains that light-weight systems can provide to fuel economy are not to be understated. the cost of a fiberglass enclosure is paid for in a short amount of time.

Mind me asking where you got the closed cell foam to stuff in the rear panels from? Im installing my audison and hertz system into my tc and this has been a great inspiration; hopefully it turns out even half as nice lol; great job by the way!

Hey man where's the updates? Love your builds
The car is about 3 hours from me and the owner hasn't been able to bring it back. we just need to finish the amp beauty panel.

the car sounds fantastic and is using a 240A alt with zero dimming despite playing at the highest volume levels to date. it went from being so substantial that he was pulled over for "flashing his lights" to having no fluctuations. the 240A alt was the right choice. the Audison LRx5.1k is no joke, it can put out substantial power levels.

the foam treatments have eliminated buzzing from clips and panels up front. the rear side panels (by the rear speakers) weren't fitting perfectly after all of the added layers, so we'll see if we need to remove them and redo the clips.

we also upgraded the stock 100A alternator. ordered a 160A from Quality Power. sadly, it's still not enough, the LRx5.1k is a beast. a 240A is the right choice. we have contacted Quality Power and they are going to let us upgrade. The customer service is outstanding. We highly recommend them:High Output Alternators & High Torque Starters

The next battery will likely be a DieHard Platinum Group 34/78DT (made by Odyssey).
My first HO alt was from qualitypower really good people and great alt. Good build and great choice on alt and batt.

The car is about 3 hours from me and the owner hasn't been able to bring it back. we just need to finish the amp beauty panel.
the car sounds fantastic and is using a 240A alt with zero dimming despite playing at the highest volume levels to date. it went from being so substantial that he was pulled over for "flashing his lights" to having no fluctuations. the 240A alt was the right choice. the Audison LRx5.1k is no joke, it can put out substantial power levels.

the foam treatments have eliminated buzzing from clips and panels up front. the rear side panels (by the rear speakers) weren't fitting perfectly after all of the added layers, so we'll see if we need to remove them and redo the clips.
How is the sunroof? Mines starting to bend the tracks.

How is the sunroof? Mines starting to bend the tracks.
ha, he's not doing that much output. it's still just one 10", but the door seals are what gives out first and you can hear air rushing through them.

the car is so well sealed, that if two people try to close the front doors at the same time, one will usually rebound. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

ha, he's not doing that much output. it's still just one 10", but the door seals are what gives out first and you can hear air rushing through them.
the car is so well sealed, that if two people try to close the front doors at the same time, one will usually rebound. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
I see a lot of tcs with bad door flex. Mine stays pretty solid. The sheet metal flexes but not the door itself.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.