2005 G35 Coupe SQ build

BigSix
10+ year member

Whippin the Bass
Austin,Tx
Well the time has finally come for me to start my build. This will be an ongoing build and my first attempt at a TRUE sq sound system. This is also my first ever build log so please bear with me. I am by no means a expert at installing and also fairly new to the SQ game. My years of having ridiculously loud bass has passed upon me and now I spent countless hours learning and researching so if you see something or care to criticize me please do. I have pretty much everything I need expect a few items that will be here sometime this week. However the amp selection and the component set will be temporary. Eventually sometime in the next few I will upgrade to a ZED Leviathan or 6 channels of Sinfoni. In the mean time I will be using a pair of Tantric Comps and old school Zed goodness(US Acoustics 2150,2100, and a 2050. After the build I plan to get into fiberglassing to do a 3 way as I already have a pair of Anarchy Exodus,Hat Legatia 3's and still undecided on tweets. In the mean time I am still looking for a battery preferably XS.

EQUIPMENT

Substage: 12" Audiopulse Epic

Headunit: Pioneer prs-80

Speakers: Tantric Component Set 6.5"

Sound Deadening: 40sq ft of AudioTechnix 60 mil, 40sq ft of MLV, 40sq ft of Closed Cell Foam

Electrical:Battery(TBD) Big 3 , 1/0 Wire, Streetwires CBR44M Distroblock,

The Car:

Heres a couple shots of some of the equipment I will be using

The first step in my build is sound deadening my car. Sound deadening, Mass Loaded Vinyl and CCF is the route im going. I did alot of research on it from SDS and other places and decided this was the right thing to do. So since my MLV and CCF is still in the mail , I decided to put the deadener on the doors, trunk , backseat , and the rear deck. So stripping my car apart is the first thing that was done.

That was all that was done today and heres a mini review of the AudioTechnix:

Although this deadener will be used in junction with MLV and CCF , I can truly give my impressions on it as it is installed by itself. Alot of the rattles I had are now gone and my stock system is a little less muddier. The midbass seemed to cleaned up a little bit and overall sounds a little cleaner, I guess its from the lack of the panel's resonance? I guess the true test will be when I put a sub in. Ease of installation was VERY easy even though I didnt use a roller. Did cut my thumb a few times from smoothing it out :/ Overall I am very pleased with Audio Technix!

Next step will be to do the big three and starting planning the amp rack, stay tuned!

Today I got the big (3) done. I never realized that I completely forgot to buy battery terminals so I will be using the oem terminals until I get new ones......

The alternator was a pita to get to, took me over an hour just to get this wire in there

After I get new battery terminals and grommets for the battery housing Ill update new pics , need to buy some techflex as well. I just wanted to get the wires in.

This came in the mail today, now just waiting on CCF.

didnt get much done with weekend, I did however finish cleaning up the big (3). Got everything done on the big three except positive terminals on the battery, this car has some kind of fuseblock on it and I want to use it with conjuction of the battery terminals I bought so I have to fabricate a little bussbar.

Little bit of progress, I finished wiring up the big three. I bought 80 sqft of ensolite from raammat. I would highly recommend it , its really easy to install. I also applied 100% coverage of audiotechnix to my doors and covered it with ensolite. I must say it made a WORLD of difference. I even made a video.

Wanted to keep the oem positive terminal as it has fuses on it so I had to find some kind of buss to attach it to the stinger battery terminal I bought.

video of me knocking on bare metal on the end vs deadening with ensolite, made a huge improvement IMO with even stock speakers

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.