2005 Dodge Magnum Install

focused313
10+ year member

Learning With Every Post
Michigan
2005 Dodge Magnum SE

Alternator: Stock 160a (I'm aware that I may need to upgrade to a HO alt)

Battery: Stock 850cca 155 reserve (getting a Deka battery soon...hopefully)

Equipment:

HU: Pioneer AVH-p4000dvd and navigation dash bezel

Speakers:

Front - JL Audio 6.5 Coaxials (will be upgraded to PG rsd's comps)

Rear - JL Audio 6x9

* don't have the model numbers on me

Subs: 3 JLw3v3-8's (2.6667 ohm load)

Amps:

Mids/Highs - Hifonics TXI6006

Subs - Hifonics 2008D

Sub Enclosure: Sealed built to JL specs

Wiring:

0/1 ga. sub amp

0/1 ga. battery negative to ground

0/1 ga. alt to ground

4 ga. mids/high amp

Picture440.jpg

originally had two pairs of 6x9's, but once I got the door off, I found out there were 6.5's in the front. They were buy 1, get one free, that's why I didn't get components.

Picture442-1.jpg

Picture443.jpg

Picture445-1.jpg

First half of the speakers done. Removed stock rear 6x9's and put in new JL's. Mids/High amp connected and working. Ran new wires to 6x9's. It's only a 2 ch. amp, so the LF/LR will run off ch 1 and so on. I know I will loose fading control, but I'm fine with that. I plan to run the wires to the front in the next few days.

Nice to see a fellow LX'r here, where did you get that Nav bezel from and how much did it run you?
dealer. $121.

Looked on the net, well ebay, and it was around 140-150. I saw some sites that had them for $90 or so, but I didn't trust those sites.

Anyone looking, Moparsupercenter.com has them for 87.50. I bought mine from the dealer for $130, then saw it online there two days later but I already installed it. I ordered it anyway and then returned it to the dealer, they never knew the difference.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

got into the garage yesterday and pretty much finished everything except running wires from the txi amp to the front door speakers. The LF door has a parking brake mechanism blocking that grommet that let's the wire run into the door and I didn't feel like removing it. I assume it would be easier for me just to find where the speaker wires are after the factory amp and tap into those. I was going to have the HU installed, but everywhere I went, they wanted $100+ just for that, I didn't think it was worth it at all, so I did it myself........even though it took about an hour of trial and error.

Picture447-1.jpg

Picture451.jpg

Picture452.jpg

Picture453.jpg

Picture454.jpg

an Hour wow You should have asked. Where did you run into problems??? Are you able to watch DVD's while driving? I also have a BNIB 2X100 amp laying around for cheap if you interested.

an Hour wow You should have asked. Where did you run into problems??? Are you able to watch DVD's while driving? I also have a BNIB 2X100 amp laying around for cheap if you interested.
Yes, I can watch dvd's while driving, I drove up to a local shop and had them put in a switch for $10. It's under the dash right next to me my bass switch.

I don't need an amp, both of my Hifonics are fine, but thanks. My biggest issue is trying to run speaker wire to the front doors from the amps in the back. I've done it before in my impala, but in this car, the parking brake thing is blocking the access into the door. I wonder if I can tap into the speaker wires behind the radio?

Unless you had the Boston system, which I believe is factory amped, you should be able to make your speaker cable runs straight to the factory wires in the dash. If it is amped just locate the amp and tap on the ouputs of the amp.

Yes, I can watch dvd's while driving, I drove up to a local shop and had them put in a switch for $10. It's under the dash right next to me my bass switch.
I don't need an amp, both of my Hifonics are fine, but thanks. My biggest issue is trying to run speaker wire to the front doors from the amps in the back. I've done it before in my impala, but in this car, the parking brake thing is blocking the access into the door. I wonder if I can tap into the speaker wires behind the radio?
ok kool thought Pioneers still had to only be grounded.ever thought of just drilling a slot for the new speaker wires?

ok kool thought Pioneers still had to only be grounded.ever thought of just drilling a slot for the new speaker wires?
I don't understand exactly what you mean? I'm going to try to just tap into the factory speaker wires and find out if that works.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.