2004 Mazda3 Audio Install

Participant count
  • Participant list

Akula Class
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Cheyenne
I don't think I ever created a intall page for my old 3, but alot of the info I learned here helped me throughout the process. So I figured I'd post pics from my old Mazda3 that I traded in for a Audi A4.

Panasonix 8303u HU, Custom dash kit. And hard wired Radar detector

dscf0865p.jpg

Front and rear coaxials. Polk 5x7's and Pioneer 6x8's.

dscf06500.jpg

dscf06470.jpg

Changed to:

Elemental Designs 6500's up front.

dscf0597h.jpg

In the rear I had cDT EF-61's

dscf0601s.jpg

YellowTop with JL batt terminals

picture01159io.jpg

Old Pics of different set-ups. (I know some of my choices weren't great..... oh well....... That's why I started reading car audio forums.

My old Kenwood W3003

picture18rs.jpg

Sony D1000P5 and Audiobahn AW1200Q Memphis ported enclosure. The SQ wasn't great but the low end was very nice!

751750_16_full.jpg

Moved on to a JL 1000/1 and a e4300 that I later changed out for a 450/4

picture00771fa.jpg

I tried a Subzone box for my 12w7 initially, but didn't like the output.

dscf0213e.jpg

Ended up getting a custom made ported enclosure for my w7

picture00996qo.jpg

picture01100rp.jpg

Pretty much how it ended up. JL 1000/1 and 450/4 stacked on an amp rack. And I changed out the 12w7 for an 12" Fi.Q and custom sealed enclosure.

dscf15229qh.jpg

dscf15256yx.jpg

And I changed out my interconnects:

dscf1511n.jpg

Awesome! Not too sure if I liked the deck on top of the dash, but to each their own.

Overall loved the JL stuff.....I hated my Fi Q I had...to many problems. Install was nice and clean though.

Sick looking car. I have a Ford Focus ST(American, I wish it was the one over the pond...)

Thanks, I liked the overall SQ of my Q. The w7, just may have been too much for my car, plus the enclosure it took, was just huge!!!. The deck at the time was one of the cleaner options for the Mz3, but they've since I believe come out with more variety. And at times, I'd still like to be able to have my old car. It was easy and cheaper to mod!!!!!

Man, that was soooo long ago, I'm trying to remember. It was either my local JL shop or ebay. I'd lean towards ebay, as I'm normally pinching pennies and the local shop was $$$$$$.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.