2003 Tribute Backup Wire

Participant count
  • Participant list

abelsm2

I've been lurking on here a while and have been moving along nicely on my 1st audio install thanks to all the great info. However, I've hit a snag when it comes to hooking up my head unit (Alpine INE-S920HD) to the right reverse wire for a backup camera. The only 2 wires on the reverse lamps are orange/yellow and black/pink. With orange/yellow the head unit stays in reverse cam mode regardless of the gear. With the black/pink wire I get the reverse cam in every gear EXCEPT reverse! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

The wiring diagram for the car says that OG/YE gets power in start and run and the BL/PK gets power only in reverse.

Am I missing something?

I heard back from Crutchfield customer service last night. They said the black/pink wire was the correct wire and that I just needed to wire in a relay to flip the signal on that wire. I added a relay wired as shown below and it works great!

Pin 85 - 12V accessory

Pin 86 - Black/Pink wire

Pin 30 - 12V accessory

Pin 87 - Orange/White on Alpine

Now I just have to finish the rest of the upgrade.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.