2003 Honda CRV EX stereo build

jmcinvale
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Here's whay my system consists of:

Head unit...................................Blaupunkt Hamburg MP57

Door speakers front/rear...............Infinity Reference 60322i

Subs.........................................Pioneer TS-SW304ID. May be replacing them once I get the $$$ to do so

Main amp...................................Rockford Fosgate P400-4

Subwoofer amp bridged stereo.......Rockford Fosgate P400-4

Boxes........................................Two single 12" 1 cu ft. Going to a dual 12" box once I get the $$$ to do so

I would like your opinions on my setup. No bashing please.

Unfortunately I don't have a camera yet. Only thing I really need to do is get something to cover the wires with since the ones going to my amp are not hidden too good. I plan on upgrading my subs and go to a dual 12" box once I get my tax returns back.

I need ideas on a spacer for my door speakers. The stock speakers have a plastic frame and are held in by three tabs which means the mounting hole for the speakers is not large enough for regular speakers to sit flush with the door. I've thought about taking it to a car audio shop, but would do it myself if there is a simple solution that doesn't require me to fabricate anything as I haven't the tools or experience to do so.

EDIT: I am also going to buy two Mag v4 subs and a dual 12" 2 cu ft (1 cu ft sealed chamber per sub) sealed box to put them in.

As I stated once I get my tax returns back I will get a digital camera and then post pictures.

Since my capacitor must be charged up slowly and I have a ciecuit breaker for the fuse block that can be disconnected by pressing a buttion I thought about wiring a 12 volt lamp across the circuit breaker. That way when I have to disconnect my battery I can press the buttion and the breaker will open so that once the battery is reconnected the cap will charge slowly and once the light is out I can close the breaker.

I am thinking of getting this alternator http://powerbastards.com/proddetail.asp?prod=Fitzall%2D220 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/woot.gif.aaa6090e619a97b6090d16dd863c5a69.gif along with an Optima yellow top battery. Is that a good alternator to get //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif? Later on I may move the Optima yellow top battery to the rear and get an Optima red top battery for the main battery //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryexcited.gif.c26a15f316d23068607f36ddacd7a7ab.gif Is this all a good idea or not. If I do go the second battery route I will have it installed for me to be sure it is done right.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.