2003 Golf GTI

There is nothing wrong with the GTi except as stated the water pump is known to fail at around 100K due to plastic impellers. I currently have a 20th AE and other than that problem I have had not had any other issues. Everything on my car is stock. The Gti does have some torque steer, but not to the point where it would wear on just the left side tire. This would make me believe that their was something else going with the left side. As far as the claim of 300+ hp, it would have need to be built up as stated earlier. The 1.8t motor is one of the most reliable motor Volkswagen has ever made. If you need any more info feel free to pm me or check out VWvortex.com

There is nothing wrong with the GTi except as stated the water pump is known to fail at around 100K due to plastic impellers. I currently have a 20th AE and other than that problem I have had not had any other issues. Everything on my car is stock. The Gti does have some torque steer, but not to the point where it would wear on just the left side tire. This would make me believe that their was something else going with the left side. As far as the claim of 300+ hp, it would have need to be built up as stated earlier. The 1.8t motor is one of the most reliable motor Volkswagen has ever made. If you need any more info feel free to pm me or check out VWvortex.com
He shouldnt get that ford taurus either then. In fact I wouldnt by a ford if my life depended on it.

Thats your opinion.
I would get the taurus in a heartbeat. An insurance break and a big trunk is more than enough for me.
We were going to pick up the taurus today and they sold it an hour before I got there. Back to square one with only a week before I leave for school.

Audi/VW isnt too bad to repair. Sure the parts may be more than a ford but look at what you get for it. I do most of my repairs myself and its all the same. Most stuff is basic anyway like brakes, oil, this that and the other whatever, you know what Im syain. Its all personal preference. You can get a B5 A4 cheep but get one that has been maintained. Just remember you get what you pay for with any car. A 7000 ford is the same as a 7000 Audi its just what you will like to drive more and what will work the best for you.

1.8t motors rock. Chip it and call it good. Or be like me and dump more money into it tell its just how you like it. Hahahaahaha

I would love to get anything with the 1.8T in it. Thats really what im looking for, but slowly I just care less and less and just want something reliable, low miles, no more than 10 years old. I dont care about appearance much anymore.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.