2003 civic LX complete full system design. OPINIONS WANTED

Am I on the right track for my friends system?

• Yes Good job, everytthing looks good

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • No not at all you couldnt be closer at all!!!!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, but it needs just a tad bit of work

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • No, I think your off by alot

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters

krisfnbz
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Frederick MD
Okay so first off I have set a poll at the top of the page for all you guys to let me know if I am going in the right direction to help a very good friend of mine get some nice quality BUDGET stuff. He owns a 2003 civic LX... very clean car and he wants to beef it up with a complete system but doesnt want to spend an arm and a leg(like most of us). What is very nice about this is I work at tweeter electronics and get Direct discounts from all Alpine, Sony, Pioneer, MTX, JL Audio, Focal.... those are pretty much the main brands we carry. Now I get pretty big discounts on this stuff compared to ebay. Here is what I have so far. just to let you know everything is priced brand NEW

Head Unit- Alpine iDA-X001 for $200- Full Integration

http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=5466

Front Speakers Either: he needs coaxes, he doesnt want to do component.

Alpine SPR-17C for $60

http://www.alpine-usa.com/US-en/products/product.php?model=SPR-17C

OR:

Pioneer TS-D601P for about $60-70(not sure somewhere in that range though)

Now for his rear speakers, He can get the Alpine SPR69C's for $64 BUT I have heard GREAT things about the PIONEER REVS throughout this forum and other people as well...He can get the TS-D901P for roughly $60-80

So thats what I have for front speakers. Hence I can get some good prices on these speakers, im trying to make the best of it ya know? Okay so this is the amp I have to power them...

Alpine PDX-4.100 I can get this for $200 flat

Or I can go with this Pioneer amp PRS-D4100F I can get this for about $160-200 or so.

OR WHAT AMP WOULD YOU CHOOSE FOR THESE SPEAKERS?? I do want to get the full RMS out of them, I wouldnt want to undercut them.

last but not least...His subwoofer and sub amp.

Subwoofer: Alpine SWE-1242 I can get this for like $40-50.

Sub amp: Alpine MRP-M450 I can get this for about 80-90$

FULL SYSTEM COST ABOUT: $650-$700

And I forgot to add that were going to dynamat his doors while the panels are off, I get 75% off that stuff at work as well.

Okay guys so there is it. Full front and rear 4 speakers, subwoofer, and amp. I think at great prices. All of the wiring/install will be done by me and my friend, along with one other person maybe and I can get all the wires and installation materials from work for free as well.

ANY INPUTS ARE APPRECIATED. PLEASE VOTE TO TELL ME IF I AM ON THE RIGHT TRACK TO GIVING MY FRIEND A GOOD BUDGET SYSTEM. HE IS NOT AN AUDIOFILE LIKE ME, SO PLEASE UNDERSTAND THIS SYSTEM IS FOR THE AVERAGE PERSON..Thanks so much guys! Like said PLEASE input on anything you think I may have left out. ANY suggestions!!!

Okay cool thanks, Anything else guys? This system is pretty much in the beggining of coming together, nothing is permanent...

why not put that extra $80~ into a better front stage... I'm sure about $300 for some comps in the front should be **** good...

then get a decent 2 channel amp.

oh, and BTW, Andy like SQ, he would appreciate a set of better speakers rather then a large sub stage. I'd go for an 8" assassin in a .5CF sealed box with polyfill powered on about 300W RMS and it should have **** good SQ.

because hes not doing components because he doesnt want to, and quite frankly its a hassle to do it in his car(please mike do not try and argue lol) hes doing coaxes and its final. having a small ass sub like that in the back of his trunk wouldnt do the same thing as your extra cab...its only that loud because its directly behind you plus an 8 inch even if its an assasin all the way in the back getting 300 watts isnt going to be as nice as a 12 inch type R... dude a 12 inch type R...I can get that **** for $80 brand new, your not going to beat that with any other subwoofer...the assasin is like $70 new and you cant even get them.

This is andys system were talking about here, not beasting up a pair of components on a 2 channel etc...

REVs all the way around would be my choice!
But other than that, it looks pretty decent!
I was thinking that as well... getting some revs in the front and some in the rear.. I think that would be very nice, may be a little more expensive vs the alpines but definately worth it.

Anyone agree?

Cool guys... anything else. I was thinking about trying to find a better set of front coaxes, but I dont think he will need anything too extreme

Cool guys... anything else. I was thinking about trying to find a better set of front coaxes, but I dont think he will need anything too extreme
Focal 165 cv1s, are killer coaxials!!!!!!!!

But i think the REVs will do the job jus fine //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fro.gif.c695f1f814b01c4ad99fe7f8cccadd29.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...