2003 Blazer...new PPI900.4...new JBL P660C..everythings ordered...What Head Unit?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Vancouverman

Ok everyone. I havent got a clue what HU to get for my Blazer. I think its a double din.

Things that I want in my head unit...

Equalizer would be great

MP3...and Lossless format support if its available

USB for my 500 gig portable hard drive

No need for phone or bluetooth or NAV support

Recordable DVD support for MP3 would be great

For my music preference I like metal like Black Sabbath, Dio...of course, Halen, Metallica sometimes, Zeppelin....you get the point..70s 80s 90s rock and its almost always cranked when I'm by myself..

I would like to spend under 300 if possible.

Please help me find the right one. Ive looked but nothing beats a current or former owner for their input as to what to buy.

Thanks everyone

Jay

Vancouver Wa

a double din will not fit directly into a blazer, that is going to require modification to install it properly...
Really...I see that it says with modification....but I did not know exactly what needs modified. I figured that the installes would be able to figure it out. Mabey I had better buy local instead of online so the installer can make sure it fits. Thanks for the heads up as I was going to get it at sonic.

My budget is 300 for the head unit and thanks for stopping by the thread and helping me.

Jay

Vancouver Wa

Really...I see that it says with modification....but I did not know exactly what needs modified. I figured that the installes would be able to figure it out. Mabey I had better buy local instead of online so the installer can make sure it fits. Thanks for the heads up as I was going to get it at sonic.

My budget is 300 for the head unit and thanks for stopping by the thread and helping me.

Jay

Vancouver Wa
NP good luck to you, also... Any good competent professional installer should be able to set you up, it's just not a a basic install where you can just simply buy a cheapo average mounting kit & slap it in there as almost every kit I've seen for those is a single din setup...

Really...but Im sure my stock deck is a double din I thought? Here is a pic of one like mine on ebay
02 03 Chevrolet Blazer Sonoma S10 S15 Am FM Radio Single CD Player 15091316 | eBay
ahh ok yes the RDS gm radios are dbl din, I di not think that was the factory unit you had in yours... But I JUST did an 02' that was 1.5 & i THOUGHT they would be the same d@mn thing LOL... You should have no prob fitting a double din then if that is your stock HU currently //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.